Future Kemper user here(Fort Lauderdale)

• Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I have read the reviews and heard the soundclips...I'm convinced that getting a KPA is the way to go for me. Hopefully I'll have a new KPA in the next coupla weeks.

I plan to use it predominantly for recording(metal, guitar instrumental etc)...hopefully the KPA ends my long search for accurate amp modeling.

I was wondering if there any other Kemper users in the Ft Lauderdale area

Also if someone could point me to some threads/articles about how to use the KPA with a standard guitar cabinet etc...Id much appreciate it.

Keep profiling

cheers
    Sid

• Hi Sid

Welcome.
    I think the KPA will work wonders for what you plan to do.

Regarding using it with a standard guitar cabinet.
    It's extremely simple, discussions/threads about it are way more complicated than need be.
    You use the "Monitor Output" to your poweramp/cab.
    You press the "Output" button on the front panel, you'll see the Monitor Output/main EQ and the option to turn cabinets OFF.
    That's it, turn cabinets OFF and you're done.

Recording is even easier...the KPA records brilliantly.

• Welcome Sid,
    I'm up the road from you in Tampa. The KPA is definitely the way to go for recording, live use and sheer enjoyment. Guitartone gave perfect, simple advice on the hook up process. I am currently running my KPA "monitor out" into a Carvin power amp and a couple of Mesa Boogie cabs. I also have my live profiles assigned with midi numbers to my pedal controller unit for ease of use. For recording I run the "main out" signals straight into my ProTools interface. The feature that I continue to scream from roof tops about is the Kemper Community Rig Exchange. As a registered Kemper owner you have free access to the rig exchange and all of it's contents. You can also upload your own profiles to share with other users. I have profiles from the best amps in the world all tucked neatly in an 11 lb. box and ready to use whenever I need them. Best gear purchase I have ever made! :thumbup:

• Welcome Sid,
    I'm up the road from you in Tampa. The KPA is definitely the way to go for recording, live use and sheer enjoyment. Guitartone gave perfect, simple advice on the hook up process. I am currently running my KPA "monitor out" into a Carvin power amp and a couple of Mesa Boogie cabs. I also have my live profiles assigned with midi numbers to my pedal controller unit for ease of use. For recording I run the "main out" signals straight into my ProTools interface. The feature that I continue to scream from roof tops about is the Kemper Community Rig Exchange. As a registered Kemper owner you have free access to the rig exchange and all of it's contents. You can also upload your own profiles to share with other users. I have profiles from the best amps in the world all tucked neatly in an 11 lb. box and ready to use whenever I need them. Best gear purchase I have ever made! :thumbup:

hey mhguitarist, which Carvin power amp are you using for your Mesa cabs? I'm looking for a good power amp for my 2x12 recto cab. Any issues with yours so far? Thanks.

• Welcome Sid,

Tampa here as well. MH, enable your PM ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Another Tampa user here as well! I've tried several configurations of power-amp + cab and also FRFR. Best one I'm enjoying is Matrix GT1000FX with a Mesa 1x12 widebody cabs.