Anyone reached the max profiles yet?!?!?!

• Hi guys, i must be over the 2000+ mark when it comes to created profiles....I thought the max was 1000??? apart from longer start up time the kpa runs fine over 2000 (!) profiles just to let you all know :thumbup: Also I know this is getting mentioned every where but....will the kpa ever get an octave or pitch shift effect? It baffles me to still think that this amazing (and expensive) piece of kit still lacks basic FX like these ?( The editor is also a really demanded and talked about missing part to the kpa. So guys anyone else over 2000 profiles? or even 3000+?

Hording has NEVER been so much FUN!!!! hahaha :thumbup: ;)

• I hope you have found a way to organize and browse that mess. :thumbup:

The new 1.1.1 has some nice functions for that. You can sort by amp and gain and you can filter by some criteria. For me the "sorting by amp" is the most important function. Unfortunately many profiles either don't have that tag filled at all or the naming schemes are so different, you can't really sort that out.

But there is a solution:

Our fellow forumnite Laurent has just released a Rig Extractor that doesn't only export tags to a csv-file but can also batch process all profiles after editing the csv file with something like Excel. So I did a backup of my 1.700 profiles, extract the rigs from the resulting backup file (which is a tar file after all). I created a csv-file with Laurents software, edited the tags to my liking and processed all 1.700 files in one go. I then put them back in the kpabackup-file and did a restore on the Kemper.

Voila, all 1700 profiles have the "amp"-tag in a naming scheme I could handle. With that the "sort by amp" gives me all I want. I have all Marshall, Fender, Vox, etc. profiles lined up.

It's really no problem handly those amounts of profiles now.

• Could you upload your backup file somewhere so others could benefit from your work, Garrincha ? im interested for sure !

It contains all the commercial profiles from And44 so I'm afraid I can't upload. Also I have promised Laurent not to upload any edited profile as long as we haven't tested the function more. Laurent doesn't have a Kemper and we are not that many testers yet so there is a chance that the profiles might be buggy in the end.

I would really like to wait a bit and then I would also need to leave the ones out that are commercial.

• I understand - appreciate your quick reply. I wish I could contribute testing but I rarely get the time to even play these days. Fulltime job and 2 kids cuts down on the quality time with the Kemper. Keep up the good work :thumbup: