Kemper Profiler Powerhead stops working after a few minutes playing

• my kemper is stoping after a few minutes working today after ı have installed a new update to rig manager which is connected to my kemper powerhead.

6 months ago, it stopped to work suddenly,too , ı was not hearing any sound from headphone , speaker, monıtor outputs as well..

I am based in Turkiye. I bought it from Thomann germany. I had openned a suppor ticket. they have asked me to bring the equipment , so I flied to germany from Turkiye , gave it back for support.

They fixed and they ask me an adress to send the equipment. As Turkiye is out of EU zone, ı have asked them if i will face any custom issue, they said that they can not guarantee that..meaning i could pay another custom taxes on it. therefore İ flight again to germany from Turkiye to get my fixed Kemper...

and today after 6 months later , after ı have update "Rig Manager" , ı am facing every almost 3-5 minute ,It stops sounding..I have uploaded 12 minute video to youtube to show.

in 12 min video, it is stopping 3 times, until ı have restart it, it doesnt work, which is not good.

Hoping this time it will be solved without travelling to germany with a software update etc. I have openned a support ticket with : #KA00240194 otherwise definetely I will give it back..

Seems we have quality issues on the hardwares or softwares at my side ...I dont know....Sorry for my bad english:

Kemper Profiler Powerhaed version: 8.7.10.38833

Kemper Rig manager version: 3.2.76

I am sharing a youtube link, I have just uploaded., ıt might be visible in a few hour I guess.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

04:40 first cut

07:28 second cut

12:30 third cut

• Same problem with mine, they change Analog board hw inside but it seems like it can happen again. Maybe there is some problems that are not fixed with the hardware and they just put the "same" components again. I did not fix this while I had warranty so it was really expensive.

Edited once, last by thosan ().

• hello,

I have tried without any comnection to kemper, i had only kemper cabinet connected to KPA, issue was still exist. At the end, as support requested, i did factory reset and it seems it is solved. I guess durin rig manager update something happened to KPA. Anyway at least i dont have problem so far.

Thanks to all for your support

• Are you checking the wattage meter on the profiler for the Kabinet as you play the palm mutes and chugs? I wonder if it's an overload switch kicking in. But I don't know if the profiler has an overload switch for wattage??

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Please narrow in systematically before drawing such conclusions. So far, we don't even know, if the PROFILER is causing the issue.

I see in that video,

that the PROFILER is still processing the input signal (INPUT and TUNER LEDs),

that the OUTPUT LED doesn't reflect any signal, which means the issue is not specific to the internal power amp, but might affect all outputs.

Please verify that.

But first: Disconnect the expression pedals and their TRS cables from the Remote, then disconnect the Remote.

I suspect a defective cable or pedal triggers a Volume Pedal at heel or low volume. Such a loose contact could explain the scenario.

• Hello Burkhard,

I had replied on saturday maybe you have missed my reply, my problem is solved after factory reset. I had disconnected my remote , my only cabinet was connected to my KPA and problem was going on. So as support requested, i have made factory reset. It is solved so far.

• I doubt the factory reset solved the issue. It includes a restart, which used to solve your issue temporarily anyhow.

There is no Rig nor global setting which could explain accidental loss of output signal out of nowhere.

Keeping fingers crossed!

• I am experiencing the same issue of lost sound. However, my input and output levels were not responding as I kept playing. This started happening after I applied the 8.7.7.38467 update. I then applied 8.7.838522 which supposedly addressed the loss of sound problem. Then yesterday at church, it happened again twice. Same problem. This morning I am trying to update to 8.7.10.38833 which includes the 8.7.9.38696 which addresses "rare accidental loss of sound" thru Rig Manager. The update itself has failed to apply with: Error occurred while updating profiler. Please contact support...

Is it possible to go back to update 8.7.6.38112 while this problem gets resolved?

Using the Kemper Rack for 3+ years now.

• I am experiencing the same issue of lost sound. However, my input and output levels were not responding as I kept playing. This started happening after I applied the 8.7.7.38467 update. I then applied 8.7.838522 which supposedly addressed the loss of sound problem. Then yesterday at church, it happened again twice. Same problem. This morning I am trying to update to 8.7.10.38833 which includes the 8.7.9.38696 which addresses "rare accidental loss of sound" thru Rig Manager. The update itself has failed to apply with: Error occurred while updating profiler. Please contact support...

Is it possible to go back to update 8.7.6.38112 while this problem gets resolved?

Using the Kemper Rack for 3+ years now.

Try to update via USB!

• Was successful with USB update...

Also recv'd the following from Kemper Support. I have not tried this:

Download the current OS version on our homepage and install this with a USB stick. If the update is done, make a backup and go to the system menu for the factory reset and press the four soft-button (factory reset) for three seconds. After that, you confirm the warning that all data will be lost (please make a backup before). Then confirm the reset. After the reboot, switch off the Profiler and switch it on again in Tuner Mode while holding down the System and Rig buttons simultaneously until "initialise..." appears on display. Then you can rerelease the keys. When this process is finished, you can restore the backup.

if the problem still persists,

feel free to contact support

Edited once, last by Ray Ammerman: Followed the above directions from support. Problem has not re-occurred ().