Kone Bass Boost

• I would like to simulate the Kemper Kone bass boost in another FRFR cabinet with a different modeler.

Can anyone guide on what the EQ curve should be to achieve the same? (i.e. what frequencies do I need to cut and boost)

I appreciate that not all FRFR speakers are equal (btw mine is Celestion F12M-150), but some ball park figures would help to get me started.

• Manual page 96:

Bass Boost

The KEMPER Kone has been designed to have a perfect tone when the cabinet sits on the floor. Whenever you lift a cabinet into free space, it will lose a certain amount of the bass fundamental, as the mirroring of the floor will attenuate it. This effect can be compensated by pressing Bass Boost "which adds 3 dB to the low frequencies."

Can't find anything else in the manual on it but more could be in another section I'm overlooking, nor in specs on the kemper-amps.com page or the kemper US store, but try what BayouTexan wrote above.

• Manual page 96:

Bass Boost

The KEMPER Kone has been designed to have a perfect tone when the cabinet sits on the floor. Whenever you lift a cabinet into free space, it will lose a certain amount of the bass fundamental, as the mirroring of the floor will attenuate it. This effect can be compensated by pressing Bass Boost "which adds 3 dB to the low frequencies."

Can't find anything else in the manual on it but more could be in another section I'm overlooking, nor in specs on the kemper-amps.com page or the kemper US store, but try what BayouTexan wrote above.

Thanks Howard - yes I saw that. Curious what frequencies they refer to (and what Q). I have been boosting around 120hz. BayouTexan mentions really low frequencies (50hz). Let me try that I didn't think of trying such low ones.

• Thanks Howard - yes I saw that. Curious what frequencies they refer to (and what Q). I have been boosting around 120hz. BayouTexan mentions really low frequencies (50hz). Let me try that I didn't think of trying such low ones.

I said to boost at 80hz because that's the limit of the Kone's low end.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Actually, the F12M-150 is rated down to 60 Hz, and it doesn't mean it stops dead there but that low frequencies start rolling off drastically. A low shelf boost is going to bring more of that sub-60Hz stuff out.