Hooking up the Kemper with the Axe II

• Hi guys,

As I said, I'm doing a big side to side comparison of the Axe II and the Kemper, as well as a full Kemper test for a review.

I'm having my own conclusions that I'll share with you soon, but I'd like to ask you if you ever connected the Kemper inside the loop of an Axe, so you could use the Kemper wonderful amp profiles along with the Axe II effcts.

I also would like if you heard any differences between the original sound of the Kemper and the sound of the Kemper going thru the loop of the Axe Fx II, as long as the Kemper then would go thru de A/D converter of the Axe.

If you'd share your experiences of working together with both units it eould be great, by now I'm liking more the Kemper amp profiled tones, but effects/routeability are far superior in the Axe II.

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• Ive owned a Kemper since January. Ive had a couple of axefx2 over that period but ended up selling them both (not both at the same time lol).
    Like you I prefer the Kemper for amp sounds.
    FX wise I didnt find any difference in the quality but the axe2 certainly has a lot more routing and tweaking options, (much more than I needed) and a lot more fx available.
    Ultimately I found the axe didnt give me anything extra that was of any use to me other than the pitch fx, which I hope will eventually be available on the KPA. In the meantime I preferred the eventide pitchfactor to the axe for those fx so the axe had to go.
    In the end, IMHO the KPA has better amp sounds/feel (up to firmware 6 on the axefx) and the additional fx capabilities with the exception of pitch fx were of little use to me, but can see how they would appeal to a power fx user.

• Ive owned a Kemper since January. Ive had a couple of axefx2 over that period but ended up selling them both (not both at the same time lol).
    Like you I prefer the Kemper for amp sounds.
    FX wise I didnt find any difference in the quality but the axe2 certainly has a lot more routing and tweaking options, (much more than I needed) and a lot more fx available.
    Ultimately I found the axe didnt give me anything extra that was of any use to me other than the pitch fx, which I hope will eventually be available on the KPA. In the meantime I preferred the eventide pitchfactor to the axe for those fx so the axe had to go.
    In the end, IMHO the KPA has better amp sounds/feel (up to firmware 6 on the axefx) and the additional fx capabilities with the exception of pitch fx were of little use to me, but can see how they would appeal to a power fx user.

Not a big fx user anyway, but I would like to see how the Kemper sounds in the loop of the Axe.I like the "ala U2" stuff in the Axe II (shimmer, multidelay....).And the reverb in the Axe is awesome.You can make some delay / reverbs routings for certain sounds that by now you can't do with the Kemper.Maybe I'll keep both units maybe not, have to make more tests comparing certain things I want to check in both units, but I addmitt that there's an "instant pleasure" sensation when playing with the Kemper, and tweaking is minimum.

Proud Kemper+Axe FX II user.....yes, you can hook'em together, they WON'T explode.

• I put my Axe II for sale....but I´m thinking about keeping it, I don´t need the money and I have a lot of guitars because I love each one and the differences between them, so why not keep both units???

I was thinking about putting the Kemper in the AXE FX II loop, so I could use all the effects power of the Axe II and ruteability / editability / USB option of the Axe and enjoy the amp tones of the Kemper.Anyway, I think that I readed that the Axe "colors" a little bit the Kemper....I´ve tried but I couldn´t tell if there´s a big difference...maybe just some EQ to tweak....

Or perhaps the best option is hooking the Axe II in the effects loop of the Kemper.....any ideas???

I really love the reverbs/ delays of the Axe II, as well as the Pitch FX / Multidelays / Crystal effects.Gotta find a way of working with both without losing the raw tone of the Kemper and taking advantage of the Axe Fx II effects.