"Reinitialize" rigs during performance

• I've had my profiler+remote for a week now and so far I'm loving it a lot! Recently joined a cover band so I've been busy making the right performances for songs and putting rigs in them, and have one question for a setting that I can't seem to find. I tried googling it but either I use the wrong words or it hasn't been discussed.

I have rigs with stompboxes assigned to the 4 switches. For some songs I need 2 rigs or more. Right now, when I switch to another rig and then go back within the same performance, the on/off state of the stomps I've used is the same as when I left it, which is different from how the rig was stored. I would like the rigs to load back in their initial state when I get back to them later in the song. Is there a global setting somewhere to make that happen? I have many songs where an effect turns on halfway in a section, and when I get back to that rig later in the song the effect should be off again.

Hope I made myself clear!

• Are you connected to Rig Manager on your computer when changing rigs?

When the USB is connected to Rig Manager the Kemper is in a sort of “edit” state which assumes you are still tweaking things and don’t want to need to keep reselecting things. When Rig Manager is not connected the default behaviour should be to do as you wish.

• Thanks! That was indeed the case. I didn't recall seeing that in the manual. Now that I think of it that behavior made sense, just didn't realize there would be differences in behavior based on whether USB is plugged in or not.

If the developers are reading along:

Given that at home people might always want to be plugged in at home even while practicing it might make more sense to have this "editing mode" as a setting in some menu, and then have the setting automatically change upon plugging in or out? That way you can override it when necessary, and seeing the option somewhere in the "system" menu will also alert people of the behavior change

Again: thanks Alan!

• If the developers are reading along:

Given that at home people might always want to be plugged in at home even while practicing it might make more sense to have this "editing mode" as a setting in some menu, and then have the setting automatically change upon plugging in or out? That way you can override it when necessary, and seeing the option somewhere in the "system" menu will also alert people of the behavior change

Again: thanks Alan!

Not only that but there are a group of users who actually want the behaviour you had to be the norm when NOT connected to a computer. A simple behaviour switch would be a way to satisfy everyone.

• This should definitely be a feature. I don't see why a forced "sort of edit-function" would ever be better than the option to choose to do so. Seeing as how much easier it is using the (severely limited and frustrating) Rig Manager vs. the Kemper's UI...

Whether I am home or at my rehersal space (I have a KPA unit in each), I like to connect my KPA to my laptop so I can use my most up-to-date Performances which are stored in my Rig Manager library. While I play with my band, I usually just manually switch Performances using RM depending on what the next song is. This way I don't have to transfer performances over from my laptop to my KPA each time we rehearse.

I suppose this wont work in the future if I want my rigs to load up "reinitialized". Either I have to start transferring all my Performances each day of rehersal or alternitively disconnect the USB-connection during songs and connect it back to switch performance / make adjustments.

How convenient! :rolleyes:

• It sounds really hard for you. I don't think they were imagining your use case in 2011 of having multiple profilers in different locations all controlled centrally with a laptop and rig manager. How do you cope with this live on stage?

• What about updating the unit(s) before to start playing? I do a backup everytime I edit anything and it takes less time than pulling the guitar from the case and putting the strap on it....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• What about updating the unit(s) before to start playing? I do a backup everytime I edit anything and it takes less time than pulling the guitar from the case and putting the strap on it....

They want to have the laptop as the storage, not the profiler or a memory stick, so the changes don't actually get stored on the units.

I personally prefer to just use the profiler and not have to bring a laptop on stage. Rehearsal should mimic the live performance, so again, no laptop for me - only my exact live rig. I always keep a memory stick so I can back it up if I make any changes.

• There is a setting that instead of a second press morphing, It resets the slot. That's how I have mine set that way if I am in a rig and add 4 pedals one by one during a song or something, one press brings everything back. No tap dancing.