More happy pop-funk, with inspiration from Iceland

• Mezzoforte from Iceland has always been a huge favourite for happy popfunk tracks. Nice melodies combined with interesting harmonies on top of a groove that just doesn't quit. All performed with instrumental mastery.

So it's not surprising a few of my tunes shows an obvious pointer to what they do.

This was a lot of fun to write/record so I hope you'll enjoy it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• An instant classic Mats! This is New York streetwalking in the 80's 8)

Ha,ha! "Instant classic". I've never heard that about my tunes before so that made my day. !

I actually listened to a lot of fusion and funk from the NYC scene back in the 80s so that may be part of it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Awesome Mats_Nermark such a cheerful track, you’re a monster on the guitar and at arrangement. You’ve absolutely nailed that particular soundtrack and power pop vibe from the 80s with those super tight Stevie like riffs. Where do you get all your synth sounds from?

• Awesome Mats_Nermark such a cheerful track, you’re a monster on the guitar and at arrangement. You’ve absolutely nailed that particular soundtrack and power pop vibe from the 80s with those super tight Stevie like riffs. Where do you get all your synth sounds from?

Hej Per!

Thank you for your very kind words.

I have three favourite VSTi synths.

UVI Falcon

U-He Diva

Rob Papen BIT

I have a lot more but I seldom use them as I usually get what I need from these three and have no use to look further.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Nice, I’ll have to check them out as you get amazingly authentic sounds.

I use these mainly when I do NOT want authentic REAL sounds. I use Superior Drummer for drums and Amadues Symphonic Orchestra for Kontakt for orchestral and SpectraSonics Keyscape for keys.

But if you mean authentic synth sound then YES, these are really cool.

Rob Papen has an "everything" bundle that's great.

The most bang-for-the-buck VSTi synth is probably KV331 Audio's Synthmaster 2. I could probably get by with using only that but I'm so familiar with my top three that I never get to it.

Cheers,

Mats N