Rig manager and Presets The Future

• Hi.

I, have owned a profile for 4 years now and I use mainly DI profiles through a celestion M65 cab. When I cant use it I just match the amp di using my favorite profiled cabs saved from merged profiles Ive collected over the years. Some are far superior than any IR Ive tried loading on the profiler.

I have suggestion/request.

Instead of a bunch of profiles in the factory content. I think the future should be focused on presets, specially DI amp presets and profiled cabs. It would be much easier for those people that love modelers to adopt the kemper. Most people gets tired of searching and trying rigs.

So my first request is to improve the preset manager on the Rig Manager. The way it is now you can't really know what the preset is , only name and type. They should be separated by type and the tags should be also displayed on the columns. Also, to save a preset you have to load the rig and then drag to the preset folder. There could be an easier way like an option on right click menu. Lastly, the legacy factory content could come with some standard amp and cabs presets, official ones.

Thanks.

love my Kemper

• The PROFILER comes with a few amp and cabinet presets. However, are you aware of the selective browse capability?

If you open the cabinet module and dial BROWSE with "From Rigs" selected, you can pick one of the 306 cabinets included in the preinstalled Rigs. The same applies for amp and the entire stack. So there is no need to add 306 cabinet presets, 306 amplifier presets and 306 stack presets as these would be redundant.

• Hi. Thanks for the reply. I’m aware of that. There are a few presets.

I was talking about improving rig manager to set up a rig by using the preset section…. Check that out. You can’t actually browse rig presets there, only the ones you save as a preset. Even when you do save a preset there’s no way to know what you’re doing because you’re limited to the name. So it’s a hassle to load a preset amp or cab and read the tag on the profiler to know what you’re doing

The request was to improve that section, a few columns on the browser could solve that.

Regarding factory content, my only suggestion in this matter is to focus an eventual addition toward di/direct/merged profiles.

• I fully support your request to add more tags/columns to the presets section. I also find it awkward to figure out what a preset is or search for a specific preset from just the name. Full rig information in the presets window would be a big help.

However, I would be strongly against focusing future development on DI/Merged profiles only. I use Studio profiles almost exclusively and actively remove all Direct profiles from my library to avoid having them accidentally load and cut my head off when browsing. I am all for future development of this aspect for those who do use them but as far as I can see they are in the minority of users so this development should not come at the expense of Studio profiles.

• I fully support your request to add more tags/columns to the presets section. I also find it awkward to figure out what a preset is or search for a specific preset from just the name. Full rig information in the presets window would be a big help.

However, I would be strongly against focusing future development on DI/Merged profiles only. I use Studio profiles almost exclusively and actively remove all Direct profiles from my library to avoid having them accidentally load and cut my head off when browsing. I am all for future development of this aspect for those who do use them but as far as I can see they are in the minority of users so this development should not come at the expense of Studio profiles.

I agree as I use studio profiles almost exclusively. Some way of identifying direct and merged other than tags is would be better..

However, I would be strongly against focusing future development on DI/Merged profiles only. I use Studio profiles almost exclusively and actively remove all Direct profiles from my library to avoid having them accidentally load and cut my head off when browsing. I am all for future development of this aspect for those who do use them but as far as I can see they are in the minority of users so this development should not come at the expense of Studio profile

I agree, Focusing on anything exclusively is extreme. There are already a LOT of profiles. My suggestion is to do some official DI profiles to be "standard" for the most common/classic amps in their best settings. They could also be merged to a studio profile with a reference cab/mic setting an then the cab could also be saved as a standard cab/mic.

My point for DI profiles is that they're so much easier to make. A good studio could profile a collection of amps in a day. All it takes is a good di box and a multiple guitar di recording to refine.

Now, if you try to add a cab+speakers+mic+preamp... It's almost impossible to make "standard" studio profiles with so many variables and so many different preferences (producers, players, engineers).