3 Questions (AirTag, Replacement Cable and Profiling)

• Hello everyone, my name is Jorge, I play guitar in a Brazilian band called Lagum. I've been using the "toaster" for 5 years. I recently bought a rack version to use live. I have some questions and if you could answer I would be extremely grateful, thank you in advance.

1) Is it safe to put an AirTag inside Kemper? For security reasons, I prefer to put it inside the equipment, than in the rack. The question is whether there is a chance of damaging any electronic part? If there's a right way, would it be to secure the Airtag to the inner casing using duct tape?

2) The original cable that connects the Kemper to the Remote is already well worn. I would like to know the name of the model to buy 2. I have already contacted the authorized Brazilian store (GSB ProAudio) but they do not sell this product.

3) I got a very satisfying sound using the following setup: Kemper in a Marshall Silver Jubilee simulation. And as an external pedal I'm using a CE-1 preamp. My question is: can I do some profiling to save this amp sound setup along with an external pedal preamp?

• Oi ;)

1) i don´t know

2) you find the specs to the cable in the main manual p.298 etc

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected and is perfectly suited for this purpose. If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards.

The diameter of the wire is the critical factor. The cable delivered with the Remote meets American Wire Gauge 24 (AWG), which can support up to 7.5m (22ft) length. AWG 26 cables have a smaller diameter and can only support up to 5m (15ft). Cables with higher AWG e.g. AWG 28 should not be used with the Remote.

Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector).

3) yes you can profile the amp with your preamp

• 1) Yes and No. Opening up the Kemper chassis and inserting a foreign body may void the warranty. If the warranty is already over, then you better make sure the airtag never comes loose and fries your board. Maybe wrap it in some insulating tape first. Make sure you have your serial number written down or a pic of it in case of theft.

2) as already answered.

3) Yes as already answered.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• 1) Yes and No. Opening up the Kemper chassis and inserting a foreign body may void the warranty. If the warranty is already over, then you better make sure the airtag never comes loose and fries your board. Maybe wrap it in some insulating tape first. Make sure you have your serial number written down or a pic of it in case of theft.

I also wonder whether the airtag will be able to transmit its location sufficiently precise through the chassis?

• I also wonder whether the airtag will be able to transmit its location sufficiently precise through the chassis?

I'm sure it could. Husbands and Wives are putting them in spouses cars to keep track of them. So I've heard on the news. Android has a version of airtag that's a little cheaper.

• That’s why I always park the car outside the strip joint and walk the last 5 blocks to the guitar store 🤣

Hahaha, that's funny! 😆

I'm sure it could. Husbands and Wives are putting them in spouses cars to keep track of them. So I've heard on the news. Android has a version of airtag that's a little cheaper.

If it's inside the car - it has great big windows that wouldn't prove an obstacle.

The stage has wireless connection, so maybe it isn't an issue for an airtag, but I have no idea whether that's due to the specific construction in that area.

• Hahaha, that's funny! 😆

If it's inside the car - it has great big windows that wouldn't prove an obstacle.

The stage has wireless connection, so maybe it isn't an issue for an airtag, but I have no idea whether that's due to the specific construction in that area.

But the car is still made out of metal (so is an airplane) and a car has a big giant metal motor in it... unless you get an EV. ;)

Only one way to know for sure.