Assigning a wah in my profiler through my midi controller

• Some years ago I managed to use my Profiler's wah function with my midi footcontroller. But now I'm completely lost. Other threads won't get my in the right direction. Could anyone please point me in the right one?

My setup:

I use a Roland FC-200 MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER. The pedal on the right I want to use for WAH.

">[Blocked Image: https://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/631e59afb50d1/631e59afb2dda-ROLAND_FC-200.png]

My midi cable is inserted in MIDI OUT in this pedal en goes to MIDI IN in my Profiler.

Then I go to System. On page 5/18 there's Wah Pedal, value 0

Then to page 6/18: I choose Pedal 1 for MODE and - Wah for FUNCTION

Then on to page 7/18: Pedal 2. I choose Pedal type 2 for MODE and WAH Pedal for FUNCTION

That's it. But no wah unfortunately pressing my pedal. What am I missing here? How am I getting this right?

• The pedal on the boss is sending midi CC data not voltage like a regular expression pedal. The Pedal choices in the KPA menu only relate to the physical inputs on the back of the KPA and Remote. They have no effect on your Roland. You need to look up the Midi Implementation Manual on the Kemper Download page and check which CC controls wah.

• The settings on the PEDAL pages Mode and Function are dedicated to the physical sockets of PROFILER and Remote, if momentary switches or expression pedals are connected to these sockets. For MIDI these are completely irrelevant.

Your Roland controller needs to send values at MIDI control change #1 on any MIDI channel. That should be sufficient to get the Wah Pedal bar on page Pedal Links moving. By default, the PROFILER's MIDI Global Channel is set to Omni, so it processes MIDI comands received on any of the 16 MIDI channels.

• I think one way to do it would be to assign the pedal on your MIDI controller to CC 7(Volume), and Link Volume to Wah in the Pedal Menu. Or, I think you would be able to Use CC 11 (Expression) for Morph, and select Morph to Wah.

Again, sending MIDI CC 1 would be the simple approach.

You cannot control Wah via MIDI CC 7 for Volume. WahPedal to Volume works the other way around: It is the Wah Pedal that is also controlling Volume opportunistically.

• Hi, here theplayer again from Holland. . .

I'm sorry but I never had something to do with settings for my midi board. I wouldn't know how. The reason: I don't understand how it works with midi. I remember I only used the profiler for setting the wah right. But now I can't do it anymore.

- If I set wah in Pedal Links to CC01 I only get volume change

- If I set range to 127, I only get volume change

-If I close volume to zer0 I only get volume change

- Pag 7 and 8 say NOT PLUGGED

- If I set my wah (in_Pedal Links) to range 127 I only get volume change

Can somebody tell me how to get wah and just press my midi board pedal for that?

• You need to develop some level of basic MIDI understanding, I'm afraid. Such universal foot controllers are not completely plug&play. The Roland manual has just a few pages and is available on the web.

I briefly checked this manual for you and figured out, that its built in expression pedal doesn't send MIDI CC#1 by default. It sends CC#7 in all Roland modes instead, So, by default it's set up to control the PROFILER's Volume Pedal, not Wah. However, you can configure this in the Roland. If it has controlled Wah Pedal before, somebody had changed this default configuration. Perhaps somebody performed a factory reset of the Roland in the meantime. So it'S back to CC#7. Perhaps the pedal needs a calibration within the Roland. Don't know if this is possible.

First check if one of the pedal bars on page Pedal Links is reflecting your moves of the Roland built in pedal.

If that is not the case, check MIDI cable and connection, check if PROFILER Global MIDI Channel in System Settings is set to Omni (default).

If the wrong bar is moving e.g. Volume Pedal, check the Roland manual page 21 to change that in its configuration.

If the Wah Pedal bar is moving, open one of the effect modules e.g. module C and load one of the wah presets e.g "Cry". The pedal should immediatly control that effect.

• Hi Burkhard, I can read what I want but I simply can't understand all those technical terms and words.

I'm not familiar with this. Trying to learn Dutch would probably be even that hard for you...

So this is not going to work. I really need a kind of roadmap or a clear instruction how to get there.

• If you don't even take ownership to systematically work through the list of checkpoints I provided, I have the feeling you expect somebody else to invest the time that you intend to save.

• Hi Burkhard, I can read what I want but I simply can't understand all those technical terms and words.

I'm not familiar with this. Trying to learn Dutch would probably be even that hard for you...

So this is not going to work. I really need a kind of roadmap or a clear instruction how to get there.

So you are asking one of the Kemper team to work out how a roland product should work? Perhaps a little unfair...

The instructions were fairly simple if you understand the basics of midi. If you don't understand midi, you will always get problems using a midi controller as you don;t understand how it works. Midi is not plug and play across devices, its a configurable format for many uses.

The other answer is ditch midi, get the remote and an expression pedal and the problem goes away....