Getting new monitors and an interface, could use some help

• Which brings me to another point, 3 ways. The best speakers I have ever heard were always 3 way. So why are all affordable studio monitors 2 way?

I don't know anything about these but the Kali Audio IN-5 claim to be a three way, it's a coaxial speaker and tweeter, not really what I would think of as a 3 way speaker, and the bass port is on the front of their monitors.

I've had a cheap set of 3 way speakers a guy made me around 25 years ago I use with my home entertainment system, they still sound fantastic and the thing that kills me is they are made from low budget parts-Express components, if it works - it works.

• I don't know anything about these but the Kali Audio IN-5 claim to be a three way, it's a coaxial speaker and tweeter, not really what I would think of as a 3 way speaker, and the bass port is on the front of their monitors.

After I posted, I went and found the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 10 on Sweetwater ($499 US). Since I was wondering if anyone even made them :/

• After I posted, I went and found the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 10 on Sweetwater ($499 US). Since I was wondering if anyone even made them :/

I tried a couple of KRK pairs when I was looking for a set for my very small study and they were not even close to the Mackie MR525, which I ended up buying.

I guess a dedicated midrange speaker is not so important until the woofer gets to 8" or more.

https://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz…1YNAHGEAQYAiABEgJMsvD_BwE

• i have more than 15 years old M-Audio BX5 monitors and sound pretty good with my Kemper,i was using a Focusrite 6i6 but i just upgraded to the Apollo Twin

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I monitor through Kemper kabs these days but had good results with KRK vxt 8’s in the past, not the cheaper rockets, a very pleasing mid range, they have been updated since I believe.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• After you decide what monitors to get you should buy from Sweetwater if you can. They offer a 2 year replacement warranty on most items they sell. I have used their warranty before; once for cables that went bad after a few months and they just sent me new ones without me having to return the old ones, a got a Demo pedal from them that went bad and they replaced it with a brand new one, and I got a bass guitar with an unsettled neck and they replace that with a brand new one too. Their customer service is off the charts!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• After you decide what monitors to get you should buy from Sweetwater if you can. They offer a 2 year replacement warranty on most items they sell. I have used their warranty before; once for cables that went bad after a few months and they just sent me new ones without me having to return the old ones, a got a Demo pedal from them that went bad and they replaced it with a brand new one, and I got a bass guitar with an unsettled neck and they replace that with a brand new one too. Their customer service is off the charts!

I've bought quite a bit of equipment from them over the years, not only for myself but for the pa installations I've done and they've always been good to deal with. I talked with a Sweetwater sales rep yesterday and knowing my track record thus far concerning a monitoring solution for the Kemper he recommended I consider staying on the path I've had the most luck with and not going with studio monitors lol.

I want to go stereo with whatever monitoring route is pursued so I thought about it and and went forward in the direction I was headed before I considered studio monitors. I ordered a powerstage 700 yesterday, I know I'll be fine with the eminence em12 I have, it sounds really good just not as versatile tone wise.

I still have two Kones and I'll give them a try with the new power amp, they may sound exactly the same as with my current power amp which I didn't care for, or the powerstage may give me a different result as far as sound goes. It's my last try with the Kones and I am holding out a small amount of hope that they will work for me, if not I'll get another em12, go stereo, crank it up and let the neighbors enjoy my rendition of Cold Ethyl for a couple of hours😅