I want to connect kemper with spdif while also getting di channel.

• First of all, please understand the use of Google Translator.

Hello I want to connect kemper to stereo with spdif while also getting di channel.

I bought motu ultralight mk5 this time and here spdif is supported so I want to use it.

At this time, if you want to input the stereo sound of the camper, connect it as shown in the picture.

Since spdif itself is a stereo signal, I know that one line can solve it.

However, I wanted to secure a di channel when recording.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, if you refer to the corresponding YouTube video,

By connecting spdif in and out, you can see that spdif channel 1 inputs di and 2 inputs camper sound through daw.

However, when connected like this, since all channels are mono, it seems impossible to use stereo sound such as ping-pong delay.

Then, assuming that spdif is used as stereo, di channel is secured, and even reamping is performed, should I connect it like the picture?

When reamping, do I have to re-amplify the sound that goes into the line in to the di channel, send the sound to the camper through spdif out, and re-amplify it in the camper?

Is there a more efficient reamping method or cable connection method that I am not aware of?

I'm using spdif for the first time, so I don't quite understand this part, so I'm asking for advice.

1. Connect the camper with spdif to see if the camper source and di channel can only be mono

2. If you want to use spdif in stereo, do you need to use lineout for di channel?

I hope you are always safe and healthy.

• Your final assumption is correct.

If you want to record Stereo PLUS DI you need to use the 1/4” direct out for the DI signal or use SPDIF for the DI and XLR main outs for analog stereo.

For the first example, set SPDIF output to Master Stereo.

For the second example I would set SPDIF to Git/Stack and the Main outs to Master Stereo.

• Your final assumption is correct.

If you want to record Stereo PLUS DI you need to use the 1/4” direct out for the DI signal or use SPDIF for the DI and XLR main outs for analog stereo.

For the first example, set SPDIF output to Master Stereo.

For the second example I would set SPDIF to Git/Stack and the Main outs to Master Stereo.

Thanks for your reply! I understand your answer.

• why would you favour Git Studio over Git Analog for use with reamping?

1. In his last picture he (wildgrass) uses Profiler Master Out L -> Motu Line In 3. Neither does the Master Out L have Git Analog option nor does the Motu have Hi-Z guitar input option on Line In 3.

2. Your suggested Git/Stack is also "Git Studio" on the left channel.

3. If you recorded Git Analog (through Direct Out / Send 1), you would need a Reamp DI box to reamp through the front input of the Profiler to convert the low impedance Line Output of the audio interface back to a high impedance "guitar signal". If you want to reamp through S/PDIF, recording Git Studio is the way to go.

Generally speaking, Kemper makes our lives so much easier regarding DI tracks and reamping. No need to worry about Hi-Z on the way in and out. ;)