All wah's don't sound like wah

• I know, there are more topics about this, but I've tried all profiler's wah fx with my Boss FV500H pedal but they sound harsh, squeaky with very little differences in high and low etc. Really none of them sounds like a real wah.

I scrolled through all wah's from Monkey Man's settings for each wah, with his list, but they all sound very bad. I must be doing something wrong here but I can't figure out what.

I use a stereo cable going from Kemper's Pedal 2 at the rear to the expression input of the Boss.

Are there any options to get a real wah sound from my profiler?

• You are using the term "wah fx". Are you referring to wah effect types or wah effect presets?

The presets do include all settings and cannot sound completely off except you are perhaps using these in an unusual location or combination in the signal chain.

• Must be something wrong in the settings, I've got rid of my CAE Wah after replicating even the pedal range behaviour of both Fasels...it sounds (and feels) exactly like the original

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I've found the wah's excellent so pretty sure you have a config issue. You need to make sure the pedal input is set to Wah, I presume you have done that?

Hi V8guitar,

Are you referring to the input at the rear of the profiler (not present!) or at the chosen wah type? I can't find any input setting besides Pedal Mode.

• Hi V8guitar and Hubzim, I got it. It has been a long time ago since I have been using this stomp. But now I looked in Input and saw that the Input Source had the wrong setting. Indeed what V8guitar meant by Input. I now have set this to FRONT Input and now everything is allright again and back to normal.

Thank you guys! :thumbup::)

• Hi V8guitar and Hubzim, I got it. It has been a long time ago since I have been using this stomp. But now I looked in Input and saw that the Input Source had the wrong setting. Indeed what V8guitar meant by Input. I now have set this to FRONT Input and now everything is allright again and back to normal.

Thank you guys! :thumbup::)

Glad its sorted, I was convinced it was a setting so I'm happy you are happy :)

• I'm wondering, how the Input Source setting has impacted your wah experience!?

Front INPUT has the right of way while a cable is plugged in, even if Input Source is set differently.

And if you use the ALTERNATIVE IN as your guitar input, the wah effect sounds the same.

• Hi Guys,

Is it possible that my wah settings don't store when my profiler is shut down?

- Again I have my input set to Front Input in Input.

- My Boss 500 FV 500H expression pedal is connected to Pedal at the back of the profiler (stereo cable)

- Wah stomp is set to Bypass heel.

- in System Pedal 1 and 2 Function have been set to Wah.

Still my Expresion pedal doesn't show.

What is still wrong here? What am I doing wrong? What more must be done?

• The setting of Input Source is irrelevant for wah effects. If Input Source and your cabling didn't match you wouldn't hear any guitar signal at all.

You should be able to narrow in, if the issue is originated

a. by the physical pedal and cabling or global configuration in System Settings

b. the wah effect settings in module D.

ad a.

Global Settings in System Settings and Output Settings stick and don't need to be stored.

To which PEDAL socket is the TRS cable connected? PEDAL 1 or 2?

You don't need to configure both PEDAL sockets for Wah Pedal - just the one you plugged the TRS cable in. Identify that socket. That one is relevant, the other isn't.

Pedal Type 1 is the Mode we recommend for any expression pedals except Yamaha.

Function is Wah Pedal.

Press Calibrate and perform a complete sweep of your expression pedal. The bar below Calibrate should reflect your move.

If it doesn't, either the TRS cable or the BOSS pedal are defective or you used the wrong socket in your pedal, which can be both a classical volume pedal or an expression pedal. If the bar doesn't move, no wah effect will follow your pedal moves.

ad b.

The settings within the wah effect could be set in a way, that pedal moves are (nearly) irrelevant for the sound.

Therefor start with one of the persistent wah presets e.g. Cry.

Make sure module D is switched on.

I guess, you don't pick your monitoring signal from an effect loop SEND engaged in module A, B, or C, pre the wah effect in module D.

I also guess, you do not use Parallel Path in that Rig with Parallel Path Mix set to maximum, so bascially bypassing module D.

These are Rig specific settings stored with a Rig. But if you never hear a wah effect modulated by your pedal it's not an issue of storing.