Using Expression Pedal via S/PDIF out

• Hi everyone!

I just purchased the Mission Engineering Pedal for Kemper, and was now wondering (a bit late to be fair) whether the Pedal works over S/PDIF out?

When I first tried it, it wasn't working, and I remember reading somewhere that S/PDIF out isn't affected by pedals (volume for instance?) but I'm honestly not sure.

I haven't dived deeper into it as I am waiting for a longer TRS cable ^^, but the thought just came to me and I couldn't find the thread where I read this info.

Thanks!

Dan

• I’m not sure I fully understand the question but I think you are saying that you want the Expression pedal to affect Volume/Wah/Morph etc when connected normally using a TRS cable BUT you want this to affect the sound on the SPDIF output. Is that correct?

I haven’t tested this though so not entirely sure but I believe it should work except for the Git (direct signal).

• Short answer - no

Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The SPDIF is digital data audio. Putting a variable resistor (your Exp pedal) wont change the information. !

• Short answer - no

Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The SPDIF is digital data audio. Putting a variable resistor (your Exp pedal) wont change the information. !

But the expression pedal is controlling parameters in the rig itself not the signal after the SPDIF output. The output should simply reflect the digital signal being sent.

• You need to go in the Pedal menu and set what kind of pedal is connected and what you want him to do. It's not automatically detected.

S/PDIF have nothing to do with the pedal, it will forward the signal you've selected

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better