Adjust Rig Level in Performance Mode with Footswitch

• There is really only one thing I need that the Kemper currently doesn't offer but it is sufficiently important to have had me trying all the competition in the modelling market and even considering going back to an amp + pedals setup. That is, the inability to adjust the balance between rig levels on the fly during a gig. It is not practical to have to jump on my rack during a performance, make an accurate level adjustment from the front panel and then hit "Store" twice. Of course, I try and get my levels balanced at rehearsal so that it's not necessary to make adjustments during performance but inevitably there will always be points in a show where a solo isn't loud enough or clean and dirty rigs in a performance aren't balanced, etc.

The Axe-FX footcontroller has a feature where the current scene can be levelled up/down and saved on a single button press. Would it be possible to implement something similar with the Kemper Remote, where the rig level is increased/decreased and stored with one of the switches? It appears that the KPA architecture doesn't allow this but I would be interested to know for sure.

• Wouldn't a dedicated expression pedal be the logical choice for such opportunistic foot control volume interventions? Why repetitively overwriting a Rig with other volumes which used to fit during rehearsals and in other environments?

• Wouldn't a dedicated expression pedal be the logical choice for such opportunistic foot control volume interventions? Why repetitively overwriting a Rig with other volumes which used to fit during rehearsals and in other environments?

IMO, if a part isn't loud enough, it's not usually because the environment is different; it's because the rig wasn't properly dialled in to begin with. While I could use a pedal to make adjustments on the fly, I imagine playing with the treadle to get the level right being potentially distracting to my performance. Might give it a go, though.

• Otherwise the thing is, manual intervention at the front panel is needed anyhow as you need to tweak Rig Volume before you store. And next time it's perhaps Treble or Gain or Delay Mix, which requires adjustment. So, just having a foot button for storing a Rig or Performance isn't really a complete solution.

Be aware, that you could press the STORE button three times in a row quickly to store a Performance. You do not need to wait for the next screen. In Browser Mode pressing the STORE button two times quickly replaces the Rig currently loaded.

• For what concrete application? Generally, we don't intend to make the product more complicated for every user by adding bells and whistles all over the place for no obvious benefit for a significant amount of users.

Wouldn't an analog volume pedal between guitar and PROFILER plus an expression pedal configured as Volume Pedal given its flexibility setting Location and Range by Rig cover even corner case applications? To generate controlled feedback on stage there is the possibility to use a second expression pedal to control Monitor Output Volume. And you could have a Wah Pedal with Wah Pedal Booster for boost applications in particular Rigs beside a normal Volume Pedal. Or you could use a Morphing Pedal to morph Gain, Drive, Rig Volume and other parameters.

What is it exactly, that cannot be achieved with the portfolio of tools already available?

• burkard I use Volume pedal 1 for minor adjustments to rhythm sounds. Things that require just a little lift.

I organise my 5 main rhythm sounds in one performance, and my 5 main lead sounds in another.

I need something to adjust the level of ALL lead sounds at once. That would be the purpose of volume pedal 2. At the moment i use a clean boost in the loop. The one knob on the clean boost takes care of all lead levels. It is a clunky solution to have to use the loop for this, i could ise it for something better.

I need this because i play in so many different bands, often as a substitute, that i can’t possibly prepare lead levels beforehand. And difference in venues do play in too. As does the fact that if you are playing a ballad, you might want less lead boost that the acdc tune before it. Many of these bands play with no setlists either, so i never really know what’s coming.

But i’ve been requesting a feature to solve this for years. There are several other ways it could be achieved, but none that the Kemper offers at present.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.