Need help with the Usb with Stage.

• I've had a few rack versions over the year and just got a Stage, very cool unit.

2 questions, is it best to use a TS or TRS for the 1/4" monitor out?

And the big question I cannot get the USB thumb drive happening. I when I put it in the Stage it's like the unit freezes up. I tried 2 different thumb drives. I formatted to Fat32 using my Mac. Am I supposed to format it with the Stage itself? I've been reading and watching videos and it seems so easy but I have hit a major snag. It's probably operator error. In one video I saw the guy out the stick in and click Perform, but I can't do that, once the thumb drive is in that button won't engage. Any help is appreciated, I bought it through Sweetwater and they had no solution. I left a message with Kemper but I'd love to get this fixed today if possible. Thanks

• I suppose you know all of this but just to be 100% sure - quote from the Main Manual:

• Before you can use a USB memory stick to transfer files from your Mac or PC, your USB stick and PROFILER need to become acquainted. When you connect a USB memory stick for the very first time, the PROFILER will create three folders on that stick: “Backups”, “OS Update”, and "Shared”. As soon as “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3, the USB memory stick is ready to go

• New USB memory sticks are normally pre-formatted with file system FAT32, which is immediately compatible with the PROFILER. In this case, no further action is needed. If you plug in a USB memory stick pre-formatted with another file system, like NTFS or exFAT, the PROFILER will automatically suggest reformatting the stick with file system FAT32. Be aware that this formatting will delete all data on that stick! Once the formatting is complete, the PROFILER creates the three folders and “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3. Ready!

• I suppose you know all of this but just to be 100% sure - quote from the Main Manual:

• Before you can use a USB memory stick to transfer files from your Mac or PC, your USB stick and PROFILER need to become acquainted. When you connect a USB memory stick for the very first time, the PROFILER will create three folders on that stick: “Backups”, “OS Update”, and "Shared”. As soon as “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3, the USB memory stick is ready to go

• New USB memory sticks are normally pre-formatted with file system FAT32, which is immediately compatible with the PROFILER. In this case, no further action is needed. If you plug in a USB memory stick pre-formatted with another file system, like NTFS or exFAT, the PROFILER will automatically suggest reformatting the stick with file system FAT32. Be aware that this formatting will delete all data on that stick! Once the formatting is complete, the PROFILER creates the three folders and “USB Stick” appears below soft button 3. Ready!

Ok so I just redid the whole process twice with both thumb drives and it worked the second time. Really strange but I am good to go. Thanks

• It has been stated that TS is fine for short cable runs. So I suppose good enough for 18 feet. Then go TRS for longer runs.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Monitors outputs are only mono on the Stage :

So no need to use TRS cables....

TRS cables can be used in mono applications. There may be a need to use TRS when a cable run picks up noise. See this page...

https://producerhive.com/buyer…ssories/ts-vs-trs-cables/

"TRS cables have three contact points: tip (T), ring (R), and sleeve (S). That extra contact point makes a big difference because it enables a balanced audio signal. That’s why these are also called “balanced cables” or “balanced TRS”.

The tip has a positive wire, and the ring has a negative wire. When the audio signal passes through, both the wires gather any noise and interference. But since they have opposite polarities, the noise is canceled out. This helps produce a clean, crisp, and pure audio signal.

Unlike TS cables, the TRS cable can be used with both mono signals and stereo signals. So, it can be used with headphones or any equipment that requires balanced connections. It’s also safer to use TRS cables when you need to plug equipment into multiple devices. It can work with mono balanced, unbalanced mono, etc. That can take out most of the guesswork over which connectors to use on the right channel."

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for the input...

I've always been said to choose a shorter 1/4" TS cable for my guitar to keep definition, etc...

Is it also true to plug a guitar into an amp input (or a profiler input ;)^^) ? Why don't we do so ?

• This only applies if the equipment at both ends supports “balanced” signals. The Monitor Out is TS (unbalanced) so there is no advantage in using TRS cables in this case.