Loosing colour of the sounds

• Dear all,

I have been using Kemper Powerhead with kemper cabinet for almost 1 years with Gibson Les Paul classic. I have bought a few packages from famous profiler ( top jimi, junkie, tonelab etc) but whatever i am playing, it doesnt have the color of what the people demonstrating in their videos. I have hundreds of profiles in my kemper but almost all has same sound colour even though they are pretty good if you care only high gains, overdrives bla bla..but sounds mostly has no colour. What i am doing wrong I dont know but it shouldnt be that much hard. I have pure cabinet activated meaning my cabinet FRFR , and monitor links deactivated and i dont use any imprints. I care what profiler use as humbucker or single, arranging my pickups accordingly but no colour that it makes me impressed that i am using kemper. I use mostly studio profiles so i was expecting at least to hear something close what it sounds in the videos but no way.

What might I do wrong with this setup? Is there anyone using same setup like me ( kemper powerhead+ kemper cabinet + les paul classic ) and having colourful tones. I need some support here.

Additionally, in amp section , i have only 6 7 amp that kemper offering me. Is there anyway to put there additional amps that i have imported from different profiles?

And which fx gives more colourful sound to profile.

For example, in this video I split a part of a song, but for me impossible to come closer of this colour of a sound with kemper. Which fx can come closer for this sound?

Many thanks

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxS…4JSikdLYa9SMe00PFLJ_JuMEQ

• I assume you're plugged in "monitor" output, if this is not the case ; you have to.

You say : "I have pure cabinet activated meaning my cabinet FRFR , and monitor links deactivated and i dont use any imprints"

Pure Cabinet doesn't bring FRFR on monitor output....

I think if your sound doesn't change you can have those two settings in the output menu

If :

- Kemper Kone and Cabinet Off are ticked ; it means you use the imprint but, by default in the output menu, it's gonna take the same one for all rigs

- Kemper Kone is not ticked and Cabinet Off is ; all your cabinets are disabled in every rigs, your sound should be harsh....

If you want FRFR and listen to RIGs cab's simulations ; you have to tick Kemper Kone and NOT Cabinet Off...

I hope your problem is there....

• Hello Steve,

I use Speaker out of my kemper.

In Output menu :

Page 3 "Monitor Cab off" is unticked.

Page 4 "Main Output EQ" all flat to 0.0

Page 5 "Low Cut" and "High Cut" are both is "Off"

Page 6 "Pure Cabinet" and "Space>HeadphOnly" is ticked and "Internal" is black selected.

"SPDIF Volume" is 0, "SPDIF Clock" 44.1 Hz, Pure Cabinet 3.7 amd Space 2.5

Page 7 all is unticked and Off

Page 8 "kemper Kone" is ticket only

"Amp boost" 1.8 db and "Sweetening" is 0

Assuming these are correct values to use kember cabinet on speaker out to have purchased profiles sounds well for studio profiles

• Make sure you don't have the CABINET module locked (!)

Pure Cabinet does resolve issues than stem from sub-optimal close-mic'ing.
    If however these artifacts are what you describe as 'color', try deactivating Pure Cabinet and see how you like the results.

Also, play at a reasonable level - playing with very low volume tends to make sounds same-y.