I've been using my Yamaha THR30II basically everyday for last 18 months. Unfortunately Kemper went to the closet. Really, throughout this time I haven't switched it even once. But I decided to keep it, it served me for 10 years and will for another decades.
What made me play THR everyday? Ease of use and functionality overall.
1) It starts in no time
2) It has builtin speakers and great streaming audio quality
3) It is portable, you can take it with you, because you love guitar you take it with you
4) It has Bluetooth, launch backing track on YouTube on your phone and you're ready to play
5) It has built-in battery, you can move it around, even do small busking
6) It looks beautiful (although beauty is subjective)
7) It has an app to load profiles, edit parameters
Few days ago suddenly I couldn't power it on anymore and sent back to the dealer, so I took Kemper back and played it. Yes, it has better sound quality, what people instantly noticed when I publish me playing guitar. But it is a different beast.
I can see desktop amps market is still growing, BOSS just launched Cube Dual LX. If Kemper would build such amp, I'd buy it. Having THR funcionality and Kempers sound in a box, sounds like what every home musician needs. With THR my playing skyrocketed. Mostly because of ease of use, I play using 1 or two presets. Who knows, maybe ckemper has already something in R&D department, or maybe some working device with v1.01 firmware....