Kemper Desktop Amp

• The total sensory immersion you get with headphones is hard to beat. I think the best listening pleasure anyone can get is good headphones for immersion and then cranked cabs and sub for the inner body feel. That's like musical heaven!

ooh! I'm getting excited! :)

I don't like closed situation, and I like playing for people around me 🙂

• It's personal taste. Since I have my kemper I only play with headphones or iem. I can't hear anymore the sound of a cab and I don't like playing loud.

If a want to travel in my house with a quick start device, I play acoustic :)

Sure, it's all personal thing 🙂

• DonPetersen, sure! For live situation IEMs are great solution. But still my post was for us, the bedroom players 🙂

I do a lot of recording and practise at home and will take a good (!) pair of studio monitors or even headphones over a cab anytime.
    Adding a cab to the studio monitor scenario is fun, but doesn't really serve much purpose.

I've been playing a lot of amps, combos, half and full stacks and a combination thereof over the years and I don't miss the hassle, the ridiculous volume, unreliability, cost and weight at all. :)

• Most of the time i play my Kemper through headphones because my playing sucks and i don't want to annoy my neighbours.
    It sits on my desk, hooked to my audio interface with the headphones on the interface, so no problem playing it with a backing track or online lessons.

I have also studio monitors (Focal) that i really like to play music, but who doesn't really transpose what i hear in my headphones with the Kemper.
    However, i recently went to my parent's house in the countryside where i have left my "old" THR10C, and i was really impressed by the sensations it provides. I like it better than my Kemper through my monitors. It feels really amp-like.
    I also tried the Powered Kabinet, which didn't bring anything for me over my monitors at bedroom volume.

• If you do some constructive practice like I do then you can go from "playing sucks" all the way to "annoying neighbors". ;) At least I surpassed the "wife says I play like a dead cat in heat" level.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I do a lot of recording and practise at home and will take a good (!) pair of studio monitors or even headphones over a cab anytime.
    Adding a cab to the studio monitor scenario is fun, but doesn't really serve much purpose.

I've been playing a lot of amps, combos, half and full stacks and a combination thereof over the years and I don't miss the hassle, the ridiculous volume, unreliability, cost and weight at all. :)

And Kemper Desktop Amp could have Kemper's soul and some built in speakers (studio monitors) :) I've played recently 40W 6Lt tube amp combo, and it screamed on Stratocaster. Indeed it was loud and heavy, but it had this 5% (ooomph, 3D, amp in the room) which I couldn't get even on Neumann KH120 monitors.

Anyway DonPetersen, my initial post was to REQUEST Kemper Desktop Amp, not sure why you moved it to other gear. I didn't want to convince anyone, that Kemper Profiler is bad in any way. I just saw and experienced, what good desktop amp gives you. If it doesn't happen I'm fine, but I felt like I want to create post after long time of break, because having Kemper Desktop Amp could be ultimate experience :)

• skoczy I get where you are coming from.

The THR is not the same as a KPA. Different price point, different features etc. so comparing is not really valid. The THR is a great practice amp, Im thinking of getting one myself for a bit of fun, so the idea of Kemper making a similar portable self contained unit is a great idea.

Personally my KPA is only for live work. Its set up and packed away purely for gigs. I decided to do some home recording recently and it was a pain for me to plug it all in, only because of how it is racked up and linked to a wireless - so to reiterate, this is only because I've rigged everything up focussed on live work. For practicing at home I tend to use a plug in( Amplitube) for convenience.

What is great about the KPA is it will cover every base anyway but for what skoczy called out, a unit closer to the THR could have a market...

• Indeed V8guitar - my post was not about to say one is better than another. My post was to show the convenience of playing desktop amp. I've used VST plugins, but honestly this is the least convenient way of playing guitar. Kemper is great for what it is, and even THR has USB recording abilities, I use Kemper to record anything.

But to play and practice (and we need to practice whole life) I tend to use desktop amp.

I wish it was Kemper Desktop Amp.

- I wish it looked eye catchy with their green color.

- I wish they would put 2x 4" small Kones.

- I wish it had bluetooth for audio streaming and had rechargable battery.

- I wish off course it'd use the same technology as older brothers.

I wish, so I requested.

• Anyway DonPetersen, my initial post was to REQUEST Kemper Desktop Amp, not sure why you moved it to other gear.

because this is more a discussion of the THR's features than anything else.
    It's not really a Feature Request, it's more like 'make a product like this one' so I decided it fits better in this subforum

for extended stereo sounds, the PROFILER already has a number of features:
    some from the very beginning, like the mono-compatible and criminally under-used Stereo Widener, but also many newer additions like the Phase WIdener and the Delay Widener, Also there is the Double Tracker, plenty of tools to create a really wide stereo image, not to mention that some of our effects can be turned up to 200% of stereo width.

• because this is more a discussion of the THR's features than anything else.
    It's not really a Feature Request, it's more like 'make a product like this one' so I decided it fits better in this subforum

for extended stereo sounds, the PROFILER already has a number of features:
    some from the very beginning, like the mono-compatible and criminally under-used Stereo Widener, but also many newer additions like the Phase WIdener and the Delay Widener, Also there is the Double Tracker, plenty of tools to create a really wide stereo image, not to mention that some of our effects can be turned up to 200% of stereo width.

DonPetersen I just put a list of features from THR, that in my opinion would be great to have in Kemper Desktop Amp.

I didn't say anywhere "make a product like this one", I can only command myself :)

I know and said it, Kemper sounds better than THR, but Kemper doesn't have built-in speakers and bluetooth streaming capabilities, is not that portable as THR (any desktop amp).

Hereby, I request Kemper Desktop Amp :) will it ever be considered, will it be dark green or white green (like my Profiler form early 2012) this is beyond me :) but people requested floor Kemper and got Stage. There's nothing wrong in dreaming :)

Kind Regards

• TBH because you made such a direct comparison, I can see why the thread was moved but I could see through your comments with my amazing powers of deduction :).

So lets start again:

You would like a Kemper desktop Amp solution. With the flex and capabilities of other desktop amps, say the Yamaha THR but with the superior Kemper sound and innovation. Perhaps include smaller kones etc. :) :) :)

Great idea... +1

• Thank you V8guitar :)

I made this comparison, because I tried other desktop solutions and newest THR was the best among them. It was so good, that idea popped in my mid to make it even better, but with the heart from Recklinghausen, Germany. Congratulations to your deduction skills :)

I would like to experience a Kemper desktop Amp solution - portable, with wireless streaming solutions, small stereo Kones would be a great idea. And catchy looks - we tend to play more if we see something that looks good :)

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().