About the sound of headphones plugged into Kemper

• Hello, this is a power rack type. It's been a few years since I bought my Kemper, but I still find it difficult to get the sound I'm happy with.

Is the sound from the headphones plugged into the Kemper processed only inside the Kemper?

Kemper's output has a cheap audio interface connected with an XLR cable.

The sound coming out of Kemper's headphone jack isn't the sound coming back from your audio interface, right?

I actually purchased a rig and IR for a fee, and tried and error many times to create the sound, but I can't really feel the "outline" of the sound.

Crunch and lead sounds are always crushed. Or for a "saturated" sound like a wah pedal.

increase.

I'm about to buy a new audio interface because I need it for music production.

We are considering high-end models of Apollo x8 and Antelope.

Please tell us if there is anything you are careful about when creating sounds.

thank you.

• I'm far from an expert but I've run my powered Kemper into headphones many times and it generally sounds fantastic. It is also very close to the sound I get from the powered output to a cab and also unpowered out to a powered cab. Hopefully this helps.

• Tonewise, the sound coming out of the rear Main Outs should sound just about the same as the Kemper headphone out. Mine does. You can check this if your interface allows you to "monitor" your input. So, the sound of Kemper headphone output is nearly identical to the sound of the "monitored" input when listening on my Interface headphone output. Even though my Interface headphone amp is different from the Kemper headphone amp.

So Kemper Headphone output = Interface Headphone output (if monitoring the Kemper Main Outs before the DAW processes it further).

Hope that makes sense.

And since Kemper has SPDIF then I would consider an interface with SPDIF for reamping purposes.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Even with the Space parameter off, I find the Kemper sounds a bit more punchy and clear, but I suspect that's due to the quality of my interface headphone amp (>10 years old and wasn't super high end).

• I also ran into a issue early on, where the recording software (DAW) inputs and outputs were configured so I was hearing both the input sound AND the output of my record-enabled tracks, which makes it washed-out and phasey sounding. My solution was to mute the input signal.

If the guitar sounds good recorded when you play it back, but not while recording this could be it.

• Thanks for your reply.

How does Kemper sound through an audio interface compared to Kemper with headphones plugged directly into it?

I thought I explained that. ;)

So Kemper Headphone output = Interface Headphone output (if monitoring the Kemper Main Outs before the DAW processes it further).

So basically the same. Tonewise is no difference. Of, course this assumes you have a decent interface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.