Home Recording Tips for great Guitar Tone.

• This is one of the most useful videos I have seen. It talks about the problem (indirectly) of how awful a tone will sound until you mix it properly. This is how I hear Kemper into a DAW when I play and how I want the resulting sound to be. The result in the video is - night and day!

Curious if you mixologist have a different approach.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• One thing they demonstrate, but they don't explain in the video is WHY would you want to pad your DI signal at the DI box by minus 20 DB?

I have a similar setup where the guitar goes to a DI box 1st, then to the Kemper, Why would you set the pad -20 db? and then need to crank the interface's gain way up to compensate?

• it's quite the opposite for me : right guitar & profile combination ( p90 with ac15 or prs with bogner xtc for instance ) , huge & consistent tone , then it's more about taming that great tone into something that would fit the track & mix , bass cut mid enhance ( reaper fx chain ) , tape sim et voilà. Then come double tracking, natural.

the tone is nerver awful at any point , it's right there from the beginning with the help of the KPA , WYEIWYG.

• My biggest advice is to learn what frequency ranges the different instruments live in and then you can get better at carving out the space for each of them like he did for the lead guitar part. Things get difficult to hear when you have multiple things competing for the same frequencies or spilling into the frequencies where other instruments or vocals need to be.

• I know this guy is using amp sims but the technique with Kemper should be the same.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another interesting video on using plugins for better tone.

External Content youtu.be

• Pick attack on tone...