Save different tunes?

• Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible but probably you will know it. I want to create like a "playlist" for some guitar covers with all their effects etc and I want to know if it's possible to save different tunes on each "song". For example there are some Pantera songs that have really weird tune and it's kind of inconfortable to try to traspose it every time...

And lone last question regarding transposing effect. There are for example some Pantera songs tuned like this: D,G,C,F,A,D-a quarter step flat. Is possible to transpose that quarter?

Thanks!

• If you’re asking if the Kemper can create custom tunings like:

DADGAD (Celtic tuning)

DGDGBD (Open G)

The answer is no.

DGCFAD is D standard - all strings a full step down. The transpose function (in the Rig menu or as a stomp) will do this.

It isn’t perfect. It adds some latency and also affects the tone by making the highs less prominent.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• In deed what I want to do is transpose just a quarter the guitar and save it... :/

• The solution to your problem is more guitars. In fact, that is the solution to any problem. ;)

A favorite of mine:

Q: How many guitars are enough?

A: This is a math problem. The correct equation is:

N + 1 = Enough Guitars

The variable N represents however many guitars you have now.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• In deed what I want to do is transpose just a quarter the guitar and save it... :/

So then the answer is partially yes. You can transpose semitones but not quarter tones ( I don't think). I suspect that quarter one is not using a tuner but tuning to each other by ear - I think that was Zakk Wyldes explanation for his quarter tone tuning on some of the albums..

People get confused when you talk about tunings but actually you mean transposing. No device can provide different tunings without a physical separation of the strings, usually requiring dedicated hardware.

• You can use a harmonizer full wet at 50 cents to get that quarter note. No? Provided that it's parameter is measured in cents.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I’m afraid I can’t understand this request. Why is the 1/4 tone important?

If you are playing the songs with a band the whole band would need to tune a 1/4 tone sharp/flat or you will all be out of tune with each other. If you all tune to the regular D you will be in tune with each other and no-one in the audience will ever be able to spot that you are 1/4 tone sharp or flat without the record playing at the same tome to reference against.

if it is simply for jamming along with the record at home you have two simple options!

1 - Manually retune the guitar

2 - Pitch adjust the recording to match your own guitar.

• same here , I don’t quite get it either

DBD used a harmonizer and dubbed four guitar tracks in the studio plus his whammy technique from what I've read. I think he had a Digitech Rack Harmonizer for Live use. I use a Eventide Harmonizer and a Waves Harmonizer plugin that works just as good. Eventide 910 maxes out a +/- 50 cents.

I assumed OP was looking for that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• DBD used a harmonizer and dubbed four guitar tracks in the studio plus his whammy technique from what I've read. I think he had a Digitech Rack Harmonizer for Live use. I use a Eventide Harmonizer and a Waves Harmonizer plugin that works just as good. Eventide 910 maxes out a +/- 50 cents.

I assumed OP was looking for that.

That would be a doubling effect rather than tuning a quarter tone sharp/flat.

In that case they would be better using the double tracker or micro pitch effects.