What is a good free profile for a neck pickup lead tone?

• I'm looking for a nice creamy-woman lead tone for the neck pickup that is not flubby in the low end for a mix. It does not have to be amp specific since I am not sure what I want. I am open for suggestions.

This is way too fuzzy and muddy sounding for me...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• the key factor is using neck pos. with tone pot rolled enough to limit the high end and get that round medium : 3 to 5 for me

a light fuzz with tone rolled down will also help. Any good lead profile from the era will get you in the zone with proper settings. I use " mister may " for these tones with definition lowered and gain adjusted.

I also think there is a woman tone somewhere in the rig packs.

• I came across TJ-Vox10 that might work. I have the TS OD at max but it still sounds like it needs more. Using Fuzz will be a challenge. I tried it a few times and went YuK! ^^

Do I try and minimize pick attack when on the neck with that "woman-ish" tone?

• Fuzz is certainly challenging , the fuzz engine has enough possibilities to get you in the right spot, but keep the gain low and experiment.

Do I try and minimize pick attack when on the neck with that "woman-ish" tone?

that kind of tone could bee achieved by playing with bare fingers as it sweetens the tone, I often go this way for my leads.

• Bayou,

I recently bought a Behringer TMS300 Tube Amp modeler for $21 at Sweetwater. I of course immediately profiled it 8)

I profiled it with no speaker emulation. The profile came out pretty good. I used a custom IR I made in Goldwave for the cab.

In general it was ok. Once I started tweaking it, it started to become something altogether cool. I knocked down the gain and then applied some over drives and compression to get it singing. This seems to be a magical composition for the sound I like to go for. Blues on 11. The way the pedals interact with each other is very cool.

In my mind:

- Think of the OC gain as the preamp gain.

- Think of the Green Scream gain as the post amp gain. The GS tone control forms most of the voice.

- The compressor adds some mid thickness and sustain.

I always have better luck with the AMP EQ as PRE, and then adjust the EQ with the Studio EQ.

A Treble Booster brightens it to me to perfection.

Added some ROOM ambience also.

I was jamming out to this all day on my SRV based strat, then read your post and thought it may work for you???

ROS TMS300 Brit A.zip

• Thanks RosboneMako ! I'll give it a try.

So I was able to get something closer to what I believe is the woman tone. I went to a 65 Twin Reverb with very little gain. I'm heavy on the Green Scream and I am flipping between two Fuzz presets to figure what sounds better. One is the Red Germ and the other is the Light Hendrix. The mix knobs on the Fuzz is so dang sensitive. =O

I would like to try getting this woman-ish tone on my '59 neck pickup too (other guitar) and see which is more creamier. (I only know coffee cream). But didn't Clapton use a strat neck single?

• I tried your profile out RosboneMako and it is pretty close to what I have so far. Yours is a bit noisier so I increase the noise gate. I do think it needs a Fuzz preset to maybe soften up the low end some. BTW, I am rolling off my tone control about 50% on all these profiles to see what that gets me.

Update, I rolled off my tone control to about 85% and it is very close to what I am looking for. Thanks!