Issues on Profiler Stage SEND 1 levels going into AXE FX III Input/Instrument

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to reroute the original guitar signal from Kemper into AXE FX III Input/Instrument for additional processing. My guitar is going into Profiler Stage input, and SEND 1 is set to Git Analog. SEND 1 is then connected to AXE FX instrument input. It seems to me like the level of the signal coming out of SEND 1 is way lower than what AXE FX III is expecting. It is not so evident on cleaner amp models, however, when a heavy gain amp model is selected on AXE FX, the signal is not driving the app model to produce the expected distortion. When I swap the guitar cable from Profiler to AXE FX, there are no issues - so the cable is not the problem. Also tested with different cable along the signal chain, and also ruled out that issue. I would have expected Git Analog to send a strong signal as much as it is coming from the guitar. The only viable solution I have got so far is to increase the AXE FX input level up to ~+12db. Monitoring the sound via AXE FX Headphone out. Got confused and trying to figure out what is going on. Your help is appreciated.

• I think the difference is that the Send is line level and not instrument level. Try using the Direct Out to the Axe and set the Output Settings they way you want. I'm not sure about this because I've never tried it. Just guessing.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• re:Line Level, it makes sense. SEND 1 is hardly a port that I have used until now. I don't usually change system wide settings. A factory reset did the trick. I think there are some Software issues (bugs) around that areas. Thanks for answering though.