Front input stopped working

• Hi, some weeks ago my front input started losing signal. Some days ago it just stopped working and no signal is coming through it. Alternative inputs work properly.

I opened the toaster and tried to see if I could tight the jack or connect any loose cables, but everything looked fine. No luck.

It's a 2016 unit so warranty repairs are not an option. Does anyone how to fix it without having it sent back to Germany? Don't know if the input jack part can be changed for a spare part or it's an original part from Kemper.

Thanks a million!

• Try updating to latest OS version?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you need to send it in for repair and depending on the country your in, you may not have to send it to Germany.

In the US, there are three authorized service providers. One each in Nashville, Dallas and LA.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Try updating to latest OS version?

This. And I would even try a System reset before that.

It is highly unlikely that a wire would come lose from the jack even after thousands of inserts. The only thing that is likely to happen over time is that the metal tang that touches the tip of input the jack could lose it's tension and all you have to do is use a screwdriver to bend back tight. You would know this is the problem if you immediately get static and dropouts by wiggling the input jack side to side.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Still raise a ticket and talk to support. My remote port failed and they advised that it could be fixed by a competent PC repairer and gave the part number. Long story short I got it sorted without it going back to Kemper but following their excellent advice!

• Just a quick update: no luck with anything. However I think the problem resides in the front input jack part, as when connecting or disconnecting my guitar some signal comes through. Does anyone know if those are a Kemper specific part or are they sold by electronic stores?

Im referring to these:

• From the symptoms you describe and the photos above I would suspect that input jack. They are pretty generic as far as replacements go. If you own a soldering iron and are handy with soldering you might try simply reheating and reflowing the solder joints on that jack. You might simply have a cracked solder joint that makes an intermittent connection when the cable is inserted or removed. It has worked for me in the past on input jack connections as well as tube socket connections on board mounted tube sockets.

• Just a quick update: no luck with anything. However I think the problem resides in the front input jack part, as when connecting or disconnecting my guitar some signal comes through. Does anyone know if those are a Kemper specific part or are they sold by electronic stores?

Im referring to these:

Ask Kemper...they will tell you...