When She Cries (a bit of "woman" tone?)

• My first attempt to create my personal "Woman" solo tone based from Clapton's. Pick attack was very critical to get it to sound right. A little muddy on the lows than I would like for that tone but room to work on. I did the Dry/Wet thingy again on the rhythm guitars. Such a PIA to balance that L and R, and some concern on the contrast from solo center smooth to rhythm stereo harsh. I did learn how to create a VCA Master and Slave(s) which I used on the Dry/Wet this time!

I pushed the bass and kept it simple. I bet MuddySludge could lay down something killer!

I did a mistake with a quarter note snare fill during intro solo. I liked the mistake so much that I added in 3 more little fills. I'm kind of proud of that part. I also like how I started and ended the bridge part and the snare fill with the kick coming in on the end.

Taking advice from Per to "not be perfect" and dick around with the mix for hours on end and just move to the next one. I would like to come back later to extend the bridge and add a separate solo in there.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Works for me, I agree with waraba also mix is as good as the last one to my ears, so I’d say trust your own ears more, you don’t have to spend long on a mix, ideally as little time as possible so your ears aren’t fatigued. Now knock out another one tomorrow :)

• Thank you waraba ! I have you in my mind trying to pull off noodles in between chords. I feel like I'm getting closer to finding the right guitar tones too.

Thank you Per as always! I think I am going to break from mixing for the weekend and focus on my techniques. But I may sneak another out before next weekend. You wear me out. LOL.

Thank you MuddySludge ! That would be awesome but I am scared shitless to keep up with you. But I still may take you up on it. I'm curious to see what I sound like against a fantastic musician and see how much I can keep up.

And then I just heard Franjoe30 's new tune and fell down to earth. 8| I got me some noodling to do!!!

• That is a very nice tone, and a great sounding tune. The mix is great also. Brilliant

• And then I just heard Franjoe30 's new tune and fell down to earth. 8| I got me some noodling to do!!!

Lol, BayouTexan i'm a one trick pony, i just get very lucky when i record my tunes.

The thing is, you are constantly playing and recording and wanting to improve, this is brilliant, with every recording you'll get closer to the sound in our head. I wish i had your enthusiasm for learning, i just play what i know these days, i really should learn more theory

• Thanks Mats! I used a Plus DS at 6.0 and 100% in front of a Kemper Fuzz a 1.5 and 16% with a clean Plexi Profile by TROYNOVA which I really like a lot. The Fuzz is the trick but very sensitive to dial it correctly. I used a neck '59 Seymour Duncan pickup but a neck single coil will do just as good. I'm sure you can make it sound much better!