Kemper Router for IOS App Access to Rig Manager

• I would like to access my Kemper Rack from my Kemper Rig Manager IOS app. In order to do this, I understand I need to connect to the Kemper Rack via a wireless router plugged into the Ethernet port. Since I use the Kemper Remote that typically plugs into that port, I purchased a 30W POE injector to connect my Remote and to provide power to it. This setup does not power on my Kemper Remote. I have the Wireless Router plugged into the Kemper Rack ethernet port. I have the Router configured to provide a DHCP address to my iPhone. This setup does allow my IOS App to connect to my Kemper Rack. I have the POE Injector connected to the Router on one of the Router's Ethernet ports. I have my Kemper Remote connected to the POE port on the POE injector. Any ideas on why this won't work?

• Does this diagram from the Main Manual reflect your setup?

Is the Remote completely dead or does it just not connect to the PROFILER?

Such PoE injectors have two Ethernet ports. Is your Remote connected to the one port providing power?

Is your PoE injector one of those we have tested and are recommending?

• The manual specifically notes that only Mode A POE injector can be used, only TP-LINK TL-POE 150S and Cudy POE200 are tested OK (the latter is tested by fans).

Quotes from the manual:

Enhanced List of Tested PoE Equipment

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in

the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected

and is perfectly suited for this purpose.

Ethernet cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector). A PoE switch

will even let you connect multiple Remotes to one PROFILER. Supported are IEEE standard 802.3af-2003 as well as

802.3at-2009 mode A.

Be aware that only mode A can be used; mode B is not functional!

We have extended the list of tested PoE injectors and switches. The included devices were either tested by our

engineering department, or reported as functional by users. We are also adding a blacklist of devices which are not

compatible and must therefore not be used.

Here is a list of equipment we have tested successfully:

PoE injectors:

• TP-LINK® TL-POE 150S

PoE switches:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1008P (8 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE)

• Allnet® ALL8085 Switch (8 Port 10/100TX)

• Intellinet 8-Port Fast Ethernet POE+ Switch (available with 19’’ rackmount)

The following PoE devices were reported as functional by users:

• TP-LINK® TL-SG1005P (5 port gigabit switch with 4 port PoE+)

• Trendnet TPE-TG44G POE+ switch

• Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE+

The following PoE injectors are not compatible and must not be used:

• Swissonic 466331

• Ubiquiti Networks U-POE-af

• Ubiquiti Networks POE-48-24W-G

• The thing is, even if you use an incompatible PoE injector, it should work in the above setup. However, it will damage the Remote in a way that it won't power up anymore when you connect it directly to your PROFILER - without PoE.

So, we still don't understand the issue of chipdog

• The thing is, even if you use an incompatible PoE injector, it should work in the above setup. However, it will damage the Remote in a way that it won't power up anymore when you connect it directly to your PROFILER - without PoE.

So, we still don't understand the issue of chipdog

I never connected a mode B POE injector to my remote, but I doubt it will power up, since mode A and mode B use totally different pins to deliver power.

[Blocked Image: https://i0.wp.com/planetechusa…19/08/PoE-modeA-B-021.png]

[Blocked Image: https://i0.wp.com/planetechusa…19/08/PoE-modeA-B-031.png]

Diagrams fromhttps://planetechusa.com/power…ifying-mode-a-and-mode-b/