Remote Rig foot switches question

• My understanding is that the 5 Remote ‘rig footswitches’ cannot be assigned when in Browse mode. Assignment of these foot switches can only be done in Performance mode. Is that correct?

if so, then how do those footswitches work when in Browse mode? They do change between rigs but I’m not sure how it is choosing the rig.

• There is nothing that I would call an "assignment".

In Performance Mode, the five Rig Buttons correspond to the five Slots of the Performance currently loaded. So you just arrange your Performances. The Rig Buttons do their job anyhow. There is a fixed relationship between Slots and Rig Buttons. No assignment required.

In Browser Mode you select View (e.g. Favorites) and Sorting (e.g. By Gain). That determines the selection and the order. These Rigs are then organized in banks of five in a linear fashion, and the Rig Buttons load the Rigs within these banks. This is dynamic: if you change for example Gain of one Rig, it could change your selected Sorting order and consequently bank and Rig Button that loads this Rig.