Mission EP1-KP not calibrating properly

• I have two Mission EP1-KP pedals; one spring-loaded one with a toe switch which I use for Wah, and another without the toe switch for volume pedal duties. The Wah works perfectly and I never have to mess with it. The other one seems to have some issues as the treadle has become stiff over time, and no amount of adjustment to the tension screw or the application of lubricant to the gears has improved its performance. I have recently noticed that it also appears not to calibrate accurately at the heel end of the sweep. (ie. it will only go to zero if I keep pressure applied with my heel... When I let go it bounces up a few notches.) I have not been able to determine whether the pedal stiffness and the calibration error are related.

Unfortunately, as the pedal is no longer under warranty and there doesn't appear to be a Mission service centre in UK/EU, I appear to be left with the choice between buying a new one or attempting to fix this unit myself. Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer?