Newbie mistake - Noise Gate

• Still learning (it’s only been a few days now). This one almost made me head to the ‘For Sale’ section. I was getting acceptable tone from my Humbucker guitars but Single Coils were just not cutting it. Notes would fall dead with a slight wah-sound. Sustain was weak. Started switching out cables thinking maybe a poor electronic connection. Reset the System Globals. So frustrating and disappointing to have an expensive product and can’t find the tones I am hearing on videos. Then I recalled the Noise Gate. Sure enough, it was set to high. Whew! Dropped it down and whammo…tone and sustain is back, especially on the single-coils. Happy camper here! :)

• Keep in mind that if/when the Input is not locked each rig carries its own settings, which include the (Input) NG.
    Also, Browser and Performance mode are independent ;)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Same here I had it on 5 and the profiles sounded a bit dull ... now at 2.3 and an extra NG in the stomp and voila they are back alive and breathing !

Also I had the feeling that due to this higher setting I could not get enough boost for leads ...

No idea what it actually does ? a compression thing besides the normal NR ?

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp