Conditional Morph

• I often find that I'd like to change a parameter's value when a particular stomp or effect is active, such as an increase or decrease in volume somewhere else. In these cases it would be useful to have a morph value that would take effect contingent on a different stomp or effect being activated.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You can do similar by morphing two different parameters of two different effects. Select the first effect Mix parameter with a morph then select the Mix, Volume, Gain, etc parameter of the second effect. You can have morph 1 as an increase and morph 2 as a decrease (morphs going in opposite directions). And the morph curves don't have to be equal length.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You can do similar by morphing two different parameters of two different effects. Select the first effect Mix parameter with a morph then select the Mix, Volume, Gain, etc parameter of the second effect. You can have morph 1 as an increase and morph 2 as a decrease (morphs going in opposite directions). And the morph curves don't have to be equal length.

What I'm referring to is when I turn a particular stomp/effect on, not morphing it. For example, if I turn on a distortion stomp then I might want to cut volume somewhere else further down the chain. Another example - if I turn on a spatial delay I might want to alter the settings of other delays or verbs.

• Hey Zappledan I believe that the workaround proposed by BayouTexan works for most cases. I use it regularly at least. Basically, instead of activating morph when a stomp is turned on, you have that stomp always "ON" but with its mix set to zero so it is "as if" it were off. To "activate" the stomp, you set it to morph to 100% mix while also morphing the parameters of the additional settings you wish to morph. Hope that makes sense?

Now, 2 main caveats to this option:

- obviously it only works with stomps that have a "mix" parameter. A couple of them don't

- I seem to recall that some stomps still color the sound even when the mix is set to "0". I believe this might actually be some of the distortion stomps. Don´t remember though, so you would have to check this out

Cheers!

• Yes, I use this technique at times. However, it's not effective when I want to be able to morph without the particular stomp/effect (such as a distortion stomp).

• Make a rig that does what you want, then make another that does what you want. Switch between them? If I need something I can't do with morphing I just make another rig. Still the push of just one button. It seems I use the Kemper differently than most, but it was logical for what I was using it to do. I really only use it in performance mode unless I'm working out a new rig. I use each slot(rig) in a performance as a song. Each rig has all of the settings as I exactly need them for that song(s). I use the morph to change different parameters in that song, or add a major boost of volume if I am playing a solo. I have all 4 expression slots filled so I can do a lot with those. Wah/pitch (or whatever I need a rocker pedal for) a dvp3 strictly for volume 2 FS-5U's both for morphing. The buttons are so close together both the remote I don't like to use those to morph. There is too much chance during a fast-paced show that I hit the wrong one or two at the same time. By using the polarity switch on those fs5u's they can do different things. One is set so however you press, it morphs, just like they are on the remote. Set the other way, it only activates when you lift your foot. I use this a lot. You press down and hold your foot on it nothing happens until you lift your foot great for specific timing things and not having to look down, lift your foot up, press the button then lift your foot off. I list all this stuff because I see a lot of people (not you)want to do things that you already can. I like to see how others use the Kemper to give me Ideas on how my flow during shows can be flawless. The main gripe I have with the Kemper is the tiny screen. With the method I use I can't use the newer Layout C to make the individual rigs names in a performance Huge . It only makes the performance name large which is useless for me. So I need to use layout A and magnify the tiny screen so I can have a chance of seeing the screen. Please, Layout D please to make rig names Huge please.

Edited once, last by jon9max: Picture wrong ().