Rig Spillover Issue

• Rig spillover not working. Spillover off is disabled. Only when switching from slot 2 to slot 1 in performance mode does spillover work. When spillover off is activated, there is no change. Even switching from slot 2 to slot 1 there is still spillover. Same behavior on my Head and Stage. ?(

• Check to see if the pre post settings within the delay and reverb blocks, (also remembering that only those two effect blocks allow spillover.) Not at my KpA at moment but one of the other, pre or post settings, allows spillover the other by nature doesn’t.

• Check to see if the pre post settings within the delay and reverb blocks, (also remembering that only those two effect blocks allow spillover.) Not at my KpA at moment but one of the other, pre or post settings, allows spillover the other by nature doesn’t.

Thanks for the suggestion. Doesn't effect my profiles either way.

Had some time for troubleshooting today. I found if I build a performance from scratch, spillover works perfectly. If I use presets for my effects while setting up a performance, I start getting the issue of no spillover. So it seems there is an issue with my presets.

I wonder if save my rigs, then wipe my rig manager, and start over?

Don't know, but it seems my presets are affected for some reason, also any rigs with presets used for effects are the same. Maybe someone here has had a similar experience?

• Loading a preset is like dialing in values manually. An Effect Preset includes an Effect Type, the on/off state, and values for each of the parameters belonging to this effect type. Loading it is a one off like dialing it manually. If you could analyse a Rig, you couldn't figure out, if the effect in for example module D was built up from scratch by dialing manually or by loading a preset. A preset leaves no trace as it is just a rationalization of data entry.

Are you aware that spillover only works in modules DLY and REV?

Is the issue related to a particular effect type e.g. Legacy Delay or Legacy Reverb?

Or is it related to complex effects ... and potentially many of those in one Rig?

• Thanks for the reply.

Yes any delay and or reverb are not spilling over in my performances in those delay and reverb slots.

What you are saying makes sense. What's happening doesn't add up. I will try to do some more trouble shooting, hopefully by this weekend.

In the meantime, I'm still a very satisfied Kemper user. I get many high compliments all the time on my tone. No one really hears my issue in the mix.

• Check also the routing of the DLY and REV modules set with DLY+REV Routing. In the old days, the predecessor of this parameter had been placed in the REV module. Since the flexibilization of that module it sits in Rig Settings.

• I have had this issue with my Stage for two years! Opened a support ticket, sent Kemper the diagnostics they wanted, sent some of my performances I was having issues with and they said spillover did work but sometimes didn't and they didn't know why. I can load these same performances into my Kemper rack unit and they work fine. I sold my Kemper Stage and bought a new one from the Kemper store...what do you know, all the spillovers work again on all my performances...a month later they are starting to fail sometimes, other times they work. Today, hardly anything is working again. My old rock performances always work but they have very little effects, only an ambient verb and a little delay. My worship performances are mostly from tone junkie and loaded with effects. My new theory is it is a processor/ram issue. I think the processor/ram can't always handle a lot of effects and just chokes out the spillover at preset changes involving a lot of verb & delay. It's very frustrating and I've purchased a QC that I'm working into my rig. The amp tones and effects aren't as good but it always works on spillover effects which is a must on worship stuff. I'm not sure what else to do, I love Kemper and have been using it since 2014 but this issue isn't getting fixed and at last check a month ago, support still had no answer. I thought I was the only one experiencing it?

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear you are having the same issue.

I wouldn't think it's a processor issue. I'm thinking a bug issue. Spillover isn't working on profiles that shouldn't even come close to pushing the power or speed.

I'm thinking more it being my 2014 Mac, USB cable, or Rig manager the things that I need to rule out for causing the issue first.

I use a lot of Tone Junkie presets also

• I did a factory reset on my toaster this morning. Also changed my usb cable. Right away spillover working with the factory loaded profiles.

Loaded some of my profiles and all is good so far. I was having other issues with rig manager not related and so far much better.

Before I did the reset, I forgot to check the routing of the DLY and REV modules as Burkhardt suggested, so that is a possibility that it was fixed when reset.

Whatever it was, at least spillover is working now!

• I reset my stage 3x, then sold it and bought a new one. Worked great for a month before the issue stared up again. I'm going to start building all my worship presets over from scratch and just screen shot the settings to restore them. I don't even want to save any of the effects to presets incase something is messed up with those

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Wow. That's a bummer.

I have also had my Kemper since 2014. I kind of entertained the idea of trying a QC a Couple years ago before I purchased a Stage. Bottom line, I just don't have the time to mess with a new platform. Kemper tones always deliver, and I have grown into my present role with it.

My best guess is that Rig manager via whatever computer is causing some of these issues.

These days, my stage stays on the platform at church. My head sets at my desk where I use it along with Rig Manager to build and manage my performances. Nice to be able to grab knobs, especially when RM acts up. I am surprised with what you have experienced. Feel bad for you, sure hope I don't have that happen with my units.

• Solved the spillover issue! If I turn off all the Kemper Kone settings then everything works great.

• Thanks for the update. I have had this issue creep up again, but with no real regularity other than it happening occasionally when I pull up a performance from Rig Manager. I will try your fix.