Problem with Encoder Knobs

• This is the second time I've run into this problem. The first time I contacted the team and they sent me replacement parts, but they also works not good now. It pisses me off a lot. In general, I have recently stopped touching the handles of the camper and I try to do everything through the rig manager.

If there are any quality materials with which these encoders can be replaced? So that they work perfectly and for a long time? Main problem with Left Knob Noise Gate. If i touch this knob parametrs change forever and never ends. Some control knobs (Gain, EQ's knobs) also strange work and need full replace ALL KNOBS in Kemper.

• The pots and encoders of the PROFILER are extremely reliable. Issues are very rare. I write that based on 11 years of experience on a big scale.

We normally don't send spare parts, but prefer checking a defective unit at our facilities to identify the real root cause. You might have received spare parts based on your special request. If a pot shows such erratic symptoms it's not necessarily caused by that pot. Perhaps the real root cause of that issue has never been identified and fixed.

• The same here. It's not random, the same problem is constantly with ALL rotary encoders. It could be related with temperature, humidity, etc., I do not know. It's getting worse and worse in time until it's completely unusable. Sometimes you need to turn the knob 20 times for one small change, sometimes no reaction at all, sometimes chaotic steps in all value range, I know encoders are not pots but it's similar to oxided pots. And how to repair?
    1. Replace encoders.
    2. Or faster solution: Use small cordless drill and to turn each knob 200x 360 degrees.
    It starts working normally. Than you can use it for a half year. Then use cordless drill again.
    Voila!

Edited once, last by vras ().

• TYPE and BROWSE are encoders. The others are pots.

If you have such an issue, the pot showing the issue is not necessarily the one causing it. So just exchanging a pot or two might not fix this. The root cause could be sopmewhere in the front panel.

I suggest to open a support ticket and initiate repair.

• I know this is on old topic, but I have exactly the same problem.
    I started a long time ago but I was expecting that it was me not able to dial in the proper settings.
    However it got worse. It's the 4 knobs below the screen but also Master Volume and that is a problem as it can jump from silent to very loud at once.
    Could this be a software issue?
    My unit is built december 2016

• New
    • Official Post

All PROFILER units can run new operating system versions including our current 10.2.2 release.

Normally, you can update in one step. But if your current OS version is before 7.3.2 (check on last page of System Settings), you need to install that revision first.

You find that software plus instructions in a package available at the KEMPER download page at Older Software Versions.

So that is recommended in any case.

I'm afraid this might not fix your issue. Such a generic software issue did never exist. In that case please contact support here.

• G String

Closed the thread.