Are we getting other updates ?

• Seems that the powered toaster/rack was created to allow people to use Kemper as a guitar amp, into a guitar cab.

Quite the contrary. At the very beginning, it was created so people didn't have to drag amps and cabs with them to shows. Then the powered version catered to those people that play in venues that have cabs at the venue. It was a digital alternative to amps that could be sent directly to FOH, then fitted with the possibility of also integrating it into your existing amp/cab rig. But the very conception of the Kemper was as an alternative to amps and cabs, not as yet another one.

Edit: Also, what Wheresthedug said.

• Here's an update: Fractal just msg me today that, after a two year wait, they can ship my Axe. I've been owning and playing the Kemper for those two years.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The amp in the room sound is what’s missing.

You cannot get that without the imprints mated to the Kone speaker.

The problem is that the Kemper can separate the amp from the cab when Profiling. What it can’t do is remove the mic from the Cab equation.

Well i searched high and low and eventually found a JBL mrx 512m PA cab that by far sounded much more like a guitar cab than any other frfr cab i tried. It’s so cab like that i’ve played small gigs where i didn’t even use the PA. I bought two spares, because i love the cab so much. Sadly it’s discontinued.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• That's not a "No." :)

Nobody here will care either way. From lurking on the Fractal forums....the reverse isn't necessarily true.

You are correct and incorrect at the same time. How is that possible? ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I wish I attended more shows where all of these obsessive, nuanced chasing of granular gradations actually made a difference that resulted in great tone. CK and Co have been scratching their heads for years. They provided us the tools since day one. Sure there have been nice updates, but c’mon. With digital there’s that landscape of endless hypotheticals .. the ultimate soul-searching journey to completely avoid responsibility for hearing a sound in your head and then getting your rig to make that sound. And FOH …beyond big clubs there are very few scenarios where FOH delivers on the guitar dream and forget about drums .. always a compromise .. but nonetheless when the music is great, the disconnect between the record and the concert melt away in the heat and humanity of the moment.

Unfortunately a swath of insufferable jam bands (progeny of the actually amazing original Grateful Dead) are the most committed to truly great live sound. But that requires sold-out venues, owning Meyer gear and having a full-time front of house engineer who isn’t deaf. They prove it’s doable. Too bad about the music.

Anyway, historically when I read about tone frustrations on this forum, it rarely seems as if the problem is actually technical. They’ll take our money, but Kemper has already provided a professional tool to solve all kinds of logistical hurdles. I’ve always loved it, and have always found inspiration there, similar to my amps. But I don’t think they’ve ever claimed that for so many of the kind of gigs their customers do that the Kemper is the smarter solution versus traditional amps in every situation. But as time marches on, and more and more traditionally analog recording tools now live inside of the Mac, the convenience factor and the cost factor sort of rule the day. Maybe no going back (except for small bar gigs where being in the same room as a great amp is still a visceral joy).

I’m not quite there yet, but at some point soon guitars and keyboard controllers going through an interface into a Mac and out to some combination of cab and foh (or no cab)... will be the inarguably best way to bring music to the public.

I’m rooting for Kemper to release something that makes them central to that paradigm since they’re already essentially a software-based ecosystem. But I also won’t be surprised if CK moves on to some other inspirational musical technology pursuit, and leaves a skeleton Kemper team behind to maintain and support and incrementally evolve its current functionalities, if that hasn’t already happened. I doubt Kemper dev is as exciting for him now that the industry is littered with more and more “competitors” adopting his invention.

Apologies for this novel.

ymmv

• Perhaps, but I find it hard to believe that my use case is so unique. Seems that the powered toaster/rack was created to allow people to use Kemper as a guitar amp, into a guitar cab. That is how I (and several friends/collaborators) use it 95% of the time. I would suspect that many people don't have a PA or studio set up at home to demo sounds from the audience/engineer's perspective. I create sounds that sound good thru the guitar cab; I just want a more reliable way to get those tones back into the XLR outs.

But as i've said... all good! Thanks!

Once you come to the realization that you NEVER sounded the same thru the PA or FOH, then you understand why kemper is so good. Its not a hinderance, it is actually an improvement.

But if you want the same sound trough your cab, honestly the only thing you need to do is profile an amp with your cab section, lock your cab section in the kemper and do your tweaking with monitor off, that way whatever you hear trough your cab, the result in the front house will be the mic version of it 90% (or even 95% if you profiled in a very controlled studio).

The answer is 42

• LOL. I would never confess to that with this group.

What is so bad about it? this is not fractal forums, we have a more peaceful life here, we have seen the light :D

I have a HX stomp, use amplitube in my ipad, tried the positive grid, tried the quad cortex, and (shamelessly) my most gigged amp was a Line 6 spider IV many years ago.... lol

The answer is 42

• I get what you're saying. You have a feature request to have the Kab IRs available as Cabs in the profiler. That's fair.

I still find the best sound using the original profiled amp and speaker, so that has to be what I deliver to the audience. Running the Kab in full range mode gets that to me if I want to be exact, but I prefer to use the closest speaker imprint on the Kab.