Are we getting other updates ?

• Just had a beer and a chat with Chris. Next update is a heads up display, raise your right eyebrow to increase volume, left eyebrow up and down controls wah. I've got some headsets on my gofundme page.

And if you close your eyes kemper will turn off.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I only use the Kemper for live work. I am not the only one. Right now Kemper is the king of touring and fly out gigs. And it’s a market they’ve been sitting heavily on for years. One of the reasons is the form factor. It’s a pretty perfect match of not being big a big rig AND it being easy to correct things while sound checking/gigging. As soon as we take buttons away, you can’t simply walk up to the kemper mid-song and do a slight adjustment.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I only use the Kemper for live work. I am not the only one. Right now Kemper is the king of touring and fly out gigs. And it’s a market they’ve been sitting heavily on for years. One of the reasons is the form factor. It’s a pretty perfect match of not being big a big rig AND it being easy to correct things while sound checking/gigging. As soon as we take buttons away, you can’t simply walk up to the kemper mid-song and do a slight adjustment.

... And for those that are able to part with $1800.00 to $2400.00, Kemper already has what I consider the best gig rig on the planet.

What I am suggesting is that there is a huge market at around 1k that Kemper is currently missing out on. They aren't going to just cut the price of the stage, so how do they shave off $800 ish and create a new product without investing millions in development?

I personally have the rack and FC. For me, even the stage is not acceptable because of the cable mess it creates ony stage space and the increased setup and tear down time. Also, I like having the physical screen close to me on the computer desk at home.

... But my rig would run someone around $2400.00. more if you include the rack case, Furman power conditioner and custom back panel.

For me, the gig readiness and setup ergonomics, are well worth the extra money...... And since I make my primary living as an engineering executive, I can afford it (assuming my wife doesn't catch me 😁).

There was certainly a time iny life where 1k could have been handled, but 2400 would be impossible.

• ... They aren't going to just cut the price of the stage, so how do they shave off $800 ish and create a new product without investing millions in development? ...

They could remove the profiling capabilities and just make a unit that just plays profiles made by others. I don't how much cost that would cut but I know that a lot of guitar players I know don't really use/own real amps anyway. I have 8 amps and have profiled none of them, every amp I own has been profiled by others many times. The only exception is 2 Quilter amps and my much loved Fender Machete. I have seen a few Machete profiles but haven't found one that satisfies me.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• This is just sw modification and won't cut any reasonable amount of costs I am afraid :(

That is my thoughts as well. 1 XLR connector doesn't cut it. It would have to be stripped (for the most part) down to the current FC (which goes for $400) in order to get in around the 1K price point I believe.

As I said, this is a model like that of the new stage box digital mixers. No control surface outside of a tablet/phone. This model has had huge success in the digital mixer industry where (arguably), the complexity is even higher than in the KPA.

I don't see any other cost effective way for Kemper to get into this market.

Honestly, at 1K I would be tempted to buy the thing simply as a backup. I have never had a KPA fail me, but a buddie of mine did so I know it can happen. Still, never hurts to have a backup. The idea of actually going to a gig with a $300 Plastic pedal from (fill in the blank) is really not appealing to me :) I am spoiled.

• Even if there will be a new Kemper II Model or wotever soon or someday: I´ll stick to my old one, because ...it is vintage.

And we all know: vintage sounds better :).

"Wenn´s net brummt, is kaputt"

• I disagree. I don't think Kemper really cares if others have engaged in the battle of price points. All of the units you mention are limited in their feature sets when compared to their more expensive versions.

It's about a Kemper Mini. Like others Kemper will have to put a price on their product. Every one will do a comparison, between devices in their own familly and versus the competitors....:rolleyes:

But Kemper has three different form-factors with (effectively) identical feature sets. The closest thing is the Helix Floor and Rack and I'd guess a lot of players didn't realize the Rack existed for Line6. A separate floor controller doesn't exist for the Rack.

The Helix Control for the rack exists long before Helix LT, Stomp and stomp XL...;)

• There was certainly a time iny life where 1k could have been handled, but 2400 would be impossible.

1000$ is an important investment for some of us....

I had a Mooer Ge150 and have a Nux MG30, they each have soft buttons like and only costs 150-300$, i think this is not a main point to make important reduction costs...

I don't work in this kind of industry and don't know what they could do to reduce the price point easily....

IMO, the main point is how you would use a Kemper Mini.

For me, i would take it for a back-up and to travel lighter.

For the first part, i'm NOT even persuaded that it would be a good thing cause, i assume that it would have less switches and for a gig use, i think it would be better to have the exact same ergonomics unit....

In addition, it would bother me to have a 1K$ device that takes the dust just in case....

On the other side, i would use it to go on week-ends or vacancy and travel very lighter. A guitar, its soft case, two cables, a kemper Mini and a headphone (the MG30 is pretty good for this job). The idea should be to try new stuffs during this period, play with effects, let my creativity flow....So the possibility to change parameters would be a must have for me. I don't want to take my laptop cause of weight or i bring directly my Stage. I don't have an Ipad, it would be absurd to invest more, i would prefer buying a used Stage....

As i said, the balance to reduce the price tag can be hard to find.

I think that the profiler module is not necessary, even if it won't cost a lot.

They can get rid of many inputs/outputs...Switches, FX blocks (i don't know if there wouldn't be other problems as reconsidering the Rig programm...)

They can Launch NO Kemper Mini too ;)

• Honestly I would double dip in the kemper mini concept as I am diying to replace my HX stomp, not even the last update keeps me interested enough. A reduction in the knobs and buttons UI is not a bad thing in my opinion, If somehow you can access all functions (even if a bit cumbersome) some way or the other, it would be an amaizing device. I use the kemper moslty because of the profiles, so I dont need most of the bells and whistless all the time.

Add that I have a cheap ipad mini laying around somewhere in my gadgets closet, and a kemper mini would go with me everywhere.

The answer is 42

• I just got a new 800 pack for my vintage Kemper. There is no way to improve the sound I'm getting, it's perfect and sounds exactly like the actual amp maybe better. No matter how many bells and whistles or fancy UI, the sound cannot be better.

• I just got a new 800 pack for my vintage Kemper. There is no way to improve the sound I'm getting, it's perfect and sounds exactly like the actual amp maybe better. No matter how many bells and whistles or fancy UI, the sound cannot be better.

I am almost there myself. I think the only other thing I would need is a "second me" who plays better so we can do double tracking one time each. ;)

I used to think having dual amps would be great but after playing around with David G. Burns 2-amp and 3-amp profiles... that's no longer my wish. This almost makes me cancel my thoughts on an Axe. ...and that's what I call an "Update".

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I used to think having dual amps would be great...

Dual amps is awesome. Just not on the Kemper because it cant do it ;(

Been playing around with the new Helix 3.5 update and making parallel path stuff. Really cool. I found having a clean path with some EQ/chorus on it is amazing! I mention it for you guys tracking guitar in your DAW and looking for that 70's-80's stack with chorus sound. Having the clean chorus ringing thru on the high strings on chords is nirvana. I like a screamer and comp before the Y also to thickin' up the "clean/dry" path.

I need to look into that parallel option on the Kemper. Been too busy with IRs 8)

• Dual amps is awesome. Just not on the Kemper because it cant do it ;(

Been playing around with the new Helix 3.5 update and making parallel path stuff. Really cool. I found having a clean path with some EQ/chorus on it is amazing! I mention it for you guys tracking guitar in your DAW and looking for that 70's-80's stack with chorus sound. Having the clean chorus ringing thru on the high strings on chords is nirvana. I like a screamer and comp before the Y also to thickin' up the "clean/dry" path.

I need to look into that parallel option on the Kemper. Been too busy with IRs 8)

You can do that clean chorus part using the Parallel Path on the Kemper. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.