Are we getting other updates ?

• Kemper will do dual amps no problem, It's been done for years. Mix 2 amps together the way you want them and profile them. Bingo, dual amp sound. With the variety of sound I can get from my Kemper I have no need to do that though.

• Kemper will do dual amps no problem, It's been done for years. Mix 2 amps together the way you want them and profile them. Bingo, dual amp sound. With the variety of sound I can get from my Kemper I have no need to do that though.

I assume that poeple who ask so prefer a parrallel path with two profiles they can work on separetely with the same parameters we have today to mix precisely what they want.

Personnaly, i had the Helix before, i've tried all those kind of stuffs (parrallel cabs, parrallel amps, wet/dry/wet, 4CM), at the end i came back to a simple chain with one Amp/cab sim. I really like the versatility of these devices but to have a clean/acoustic sound on the Intro, a crunch on the verse and a solo part.... So no need for me !

• I assume that poeple who ask so prefer a parrallel path with two profiles they can work on separetely with the same parameters we have today to mix precisely what they want.

Personnaly, i had the Helix before, i've tried all those kind of stuffs (parrallel cabs, parrallel amps, wet/dry/wet, 4CM), at the end i came back to a simple chain with one Amp/cab sim. I really like the versatility of these devices but to have a clean/acoustic sound on the Intro, a crunch on the verse and a solo part.... So no need for me !

Exactly. I have told the story before how I had this 10 space rack with the ability to channel switch multiple devices, use different tube bias , tube modes and types, split, change speaker modes, use multiple , "x pattern stereo cabs"and tweak about every parameter known to man. We did a gig with a guy with a single channel amp with 3 knobs and 3 pedals and totally kicked ass. I realized at that moment I just need something simple that I turn on, twist a knob or two and sounds killer. Done. Finally arriving at a Kemper that does just that. When people talk of dual amps through an ox box with special cabinets with beam blockers using particular guitar cords and $1000.00 worth of pedals, I think of EVH and Page who made timeless music without all of that crap. If they could do it, I'm going to try too.

• We are very lucky with the versatility we can obtain today with those new devices....

I'm very pleased to press only one switch and pass from a fender amp with a chorus and a room reverb to a marshall amp with a comp, a drive, a delay at 400ms ;)

But the amount of possibilities can be weird sometimes.

I know we can do wet/dry/wet ; who use this ? I've seen demo, the guitarist is alone, he uses a loop, etc....It's cool !

I have never been able to meet this case for my own purpose.

I'm really impatient to have 5 amp/cabs in parrallel to send to FOH to be mixed in mono and panned to the extrem right :)

I don't know how easy it'll be to tweak stuffs ; ho, the gain on my Orange amp is too high, the mic sim for my Fender cab is too close to the edge....

The best is the enemy of the good

• Where I think Kemper is missing out on the action is in the hx stomp market. A lot of guitarists don't want to ditch traditional pedal boards which what you see is what you get physical pedals, even if they're open to embracing digital modeling or profiling. The HX is the perfect little box to throw on the back of a pedal board, even for a guy that usually uses real amps and sometimes has a need to play direct (along with the convenience of practicing with headphones while using your whole pedal board) The fact that you could easily throw on a few of its effects and toggle them, it's a good swiss army knife/toy for effects you don't have space to dedicate a whole pedal to.

You can pull the thing off your board and it's all you need for an acoustic guitar or bass gig, or direct recording. You could spend 2/3's as much to get something like a strymon iridium, but it can't cover all of those bases.

But the HX stomp is a terrible option for someone looking to use it as their entire rig, whether it's easy to edit on the device or not, because at the end of the day, you're stuck with 3 foot switches, and that's just not enough for most gigging guitarists. And if you're not gigging, why the heck is something like the kemper stage or head, the helix or the Pod Go too big to be convenient?

So a 3-foot switch "mini kemper" wouldn't be ideal to use all by itself either. You'd throw it on a traditional pedal board and being able to add a couple effects blocks before and after the amp/cab section, your swiss army knife, add its noise reduction and call it a day. Or take it off your board, use it for acoustic and bass gigs and direct recording.

• Where I think Kemper is missing out on the action is in the hx stomp market. A lot of guitarists don't want to ditch traditional pedal boards which what you see is what you get physical pedals, even if they're open to embracing digital modeling or profiling. The HX is the perfect little box to throw on the back of a pedal board, even for a guy that usually uses real amps and sometimes has a need to play direct (along with the convenience of practicing with headphones while using your whole pedal board) The fact that you could easily throw on a few of its effects and toggle them, it's a good swiss army knife/toy for effects you don't have space to dedicate a whole pedal to.

You can pull the thing off your board and it's all you need for an acoustic guitar or bass gig, or direct recording. You could spend 2/3's as much to get something like a strymon iridium, but it can't cover all of those bases.

But the HX stomp is a terrible option for someone looking to use it as their entire rig, whether it's easy to edit on the device or not, because at the end of the day, you're stuck with 3 foot switches, and that's just not enough for most gigging guitarists. And if you're not gigging, why the heck is something like the kemper stage or head, the helix or the Pod Go too big to be convenient?

So a 3-foot switch "mini kemper" wouldn't be ideal to use all by itself either. You'd throw it on a traditional pedal board and being able to add a couple effects blocks before and after the amp/cab section, your swiss army knife, add its noise reduction and call it a day. Or take it off your board, use it for acoustic and bass gigs and direct recording.

I agree. If we are talking about a gig worthy Kemper Mini, it would need to be nearly as big as the current Kemper FC, have the same LCD, cover 5 performance slot buttons, performance up/down, tuner, looper, and tap tempo buttons.

In order to create an HX Stomp (not XL) format size device, Kemper would need to radically modify their firmware and the editor as well. This doesn't make much sense for the company IMO.

If Kemper could make a Mini that would fit into a decent sized backpack, that would be great. If they could price it around the $1000-$1300 usd range, it would be pretty compelling IMO. It would be lower in price than the Fractal FM9, but more expensive than the Line 6 HX Stomp XL (~$750).

It looks like the chip shortage is going to let up early next year (I am finally getting decent pricing quotes and timing in high volumes), so Kemper should be able to build as many as they want.

• Keep in mind - the Remote is almost two inches narrower than the Stage. The Stage is also 3 inches deeper.

Fitting the necessary pieces into something near the size of a Remote? Nah. Not without sacrificing features.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You can do that clean chorus part using the Parallel Path on the Kemper. ;)

I gave it a try! Not as flexible as a Helix of course. But I got some great results. I went EQ+Chorus for my test. One thing missing is the "dry" line bypasses the reverb, etc. Would be killer to get it to jump back in after the cab.

I only ever use Rig Manager, never manually. So I never saw the parallel option in the RIG menu. But I got it figured out now, thanks for the extra motivation. It was on my list to try someday. The list is years long. This was somewhere in year 2 :S

Side note: I like the chorus there because it softens the highs and adds that constant changing phase. To me the "speaker" in the room is a constantly changing frequency response. Each freq will resonate and cancel differently. Add your head movement in there as well for more changes. So the chorus attempts to psycho-acoustic trick my brain into the room sound.

• Keep in mind - the Remote is almost two inches narrower than the Stage. The Stage is also 3 inches deeper.

Fitting the necessary pieces into something near the size of a Remote? Nah. Not without sacrificing features.

Sure you can.

Start with the current FC

Move the tap tempo up top

Remove 1 efx button (now the device has 5 buttons across in 2 rows with 3 buttons on the top right) (removes 3")

Remove 1/2" from each side of the FC moving the buttons closer to the side (Removes 1")

FC current width = 14.88"

Kemper Mini width = 10.88"

That you can put into a decent sized backpack ..... and gig with it.

The only features you are sacrificing are the on-device controls which you can access all from a tablet or iPad if you need to.

You can't get the price down into the 1K region without eliminating all those controls. Additionally, a 10" device is much more portable than a 14" one (the FC) and way more portable than the stage at 18.5" (the Mini would be nearly half of that).

• The only features you are sacrificing are the on-device controls which you can access all from a tablet or iPad if you need to.

Right now, you can’t access all controls with any version of RM. Not even close.

• Menus and submenus?

In the words (and voice) of Michael Scott from The Office: [screaming] "NOO GOD! NO. GOD. PLEASE. NO. NO!!! NO!!! NOOOOOO!!! "

I disagree. I don't think Kemper really cares if others have engaged in the battle of price points. All of the units you mention are limited in their The closest thing is the Helix Floor and Rack and I'd guess a lot of players didn't realize the Rack existed for Line6. A separate floor controller doesn't exist for the Rack.

Helix rack unit has a separate floor unit to control it - you may have to buy them separately but they have had optional floor control boards since the first POD.

• Helix rack unit has a separate floor unit to control it - you may have to buy them separately but they have had optional floor control boards since the first POD.

I got one of the first run of Line 6 products in 1996, called the AxSys 212 and it had a great floor controller.

• The only features you are sacrificing are the on-device controls which you can access all from a tablet or iPad if you need to.

We can dream about it ! ^^ I know Xmas is coming :D

They have to reduce the possibility much more to justify the price difference. It would really be a bargain for Ipad owners and a suicide for the Stage.

I would go much much farther....

Take the Stage and split it in two .

5/6 switches max (means 3 rigs per performance)

two FX slots before the stack, 2 after (even none, this could only be a Stack device to put it on a pedal board, like a Boss IR-200 Amp & Cab(i would be personnaly desappointed ;())

No profiler module

No gain knob, no led for volume, soft buttons (7, input, output, stack, 4FX, no led), three parameters knob. One menu soft button, 2 page buttons

For the connection : one return, one send for a loop, No XLR, 1/4" jack for R&L main and same for monitor, headphone, s/pdif, 2 pedals connections, one midi in.

This way, they purpose a lighter product with a lot of compromise that justify the price gap.

For some of us, this can be enough, for others, just take the big brother.

Of course, it means they have to work on RM, don't know if it's important but this solution would be more consistent...

• I know we can do wet/dry/wet ; who use this ? I've seen demo, the guitarist is alone, he uses a loop, etc....It's cool !

I have never been able to meet this case for my own purpose.

I'm really impatient to have 5 amp/cabs in parrallel to send to FOH to be mixed in mono and panned to the extrem right :)

I don't know how easy it'll be to tweak stuffs ; ho, the gain on my Orange amp is too high, the mic sim for my Fender cab is too close to the edge....

The best is the enemy of the good

I think it can depend on the type of music. If its ethereal single note mood music then I can understand the need for more complex/wider sounds.

Like you though I have never understood the need for dual amps or even stereo. For the guitar to cut in a regular band, I think the best chance for that is minimal effects (I don't use chorus or reverb) a la Angus Young. The problem is, that sound is very unforgiving, any mistake really shows up and so the tendancy ( it was for me when I started) is to keep adding effects - the guitar on its own sounds better and better, but in a band mix...bye,bye.

Perhaps I'm just not creative enough!

• I got one of the first run of Line 6 products in 1996, called the AxSys 212 and it had a great floor controller.

I had one of these back when it was state-of-the-art stuff.

Most people aren’t really aware that the Rack Helix has a foot control companion. I’d completely forgotten myself.