Are we getting other updates ?

• I think it can depend on the type of music. If its ethereal single note mood music then I can understand the need for more complex/wider sounds.

Like you though I have never understood the need for dual amps or even stereo. For the guitar to cut in a regular band, I think the best chance for that is minimal effects (I don't use chorus or reverb) a la Angus Young. The problem is, that sound is very unforgiving, any mistake really shows up and so the tendancy ( it was for me when I started) is to keep adding effects - the guitar on its own sounds better and better, but in a band mix...bye,bye.

Perhaps I'm just not creative enough!

I feel the same way. Seems like you have to simplify the rig and "clean it up" more to get it to cut through the mix. Mixing a pair of amps seems like it would do the opposite.

This is my experience in bands that have 2 guitars though. I think a 3 piece may want more thickness and depth and not have issues "cutting through" the mix because they don't have anything else to cut through.

YMMV. I have heard plenty of people ask for the feature. Sadly, I don't think it is architecturaly possible in the current Kemper and would require a new product to do it.

• I feel the same way. Seems like you have to simplify the rig and "clean it up" more to get it to cut through the mix. Mixing a pair of amps seems like it would do the opposite.

This is my experience in bands that have 2 guitars though. I think a 3 piece may want more thickness and depth and not have issues "cutting through" the mix because they don't have anything else to cut through.

Many years ago I decided to shift from a JCM800 to and ADA preamp, marshall 50/50 power amp, quadraverb GT. I added 2 1x12 cabs. Sounded amazing at home, got to band practice...I disappeared. Lost in the "mush".

I presevered and got a good sound but never totally happy. I then shift to Laney GH100L head. No effects or reverb...sounded so dry on its own.. in the band, bang....sounded glorious! I upgraded to an ENGL, again no built in reverb, no problems.

Ever since I've avoided/minimised reverb in a twin guitar band as my preference. But boy does it show up mistakes....given I'm a clumsy player, not sure that was ever a good thing :)

• Somehow laney Amps do that..

For some time I was "addicted" to these kind of unforgiving sound. One of the greatest "challenge" I went though.

Laney,Orange,Hiwatt.. whatever made me "think twice" before going into that fast alternate run..

But you can't do that forever. It hurts. Only Gilbert can..

• For clean stand alone parts (think the beginning of Three Doors Down "Love me when I'm Gone"), having some reverb makes things sound much nicer.

Once you get into the mix though ..... yep, less is more.

• NAMM at Anaheim is in late April next year, not January, so no imminent trade shows. It is debatable how important trade shows are with the online ecosystem publicising things very effectively without any need for print media. If the new announcement is a new hardware variation the whole thing could start with a few teaser social media pieces and then a proper announcement. I would expect something substatial is going to be announced in the next 6 months but maybe not over the northern summer.

• Stupid question..

What other upgrades are desperately needed? we have seen upgrades for everything except modulation.

The KPA as it is is "almost perfect" and I guess the next step will be a new product. But there is absolutely no reason to hurry with this new product,the kpa and the stage are still selling like crazy. Reliable and workable like never before.

So ..most likely except a few upgrades (like a modulation upg) we will see absolutely nothing until they will be ready to present a working,reliable new product like a kpa2. Maybe 2024. If sales numbers of the kpa/stage don't drop significantly maybe later.

• I agree. I think modulation effects upgrade was discussed by CK at one point so it isn't a stretch to think that will happen..... I am just not sure when ;)

• I agree. I think modulation effects upgrade was discussed by CK at one point so it isn't a stretch to think that will happen..... I am just not sure when ;)

We'll see we'll see when it happen. I'm not in any hurry for anything actually. But give us modulation effects upgrade now!:saint:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau