Survey For KPA Owners, What Do You Play Most, Cleans, Mild OD or High Gain/Distortion?

• I'd like to see what type of players are drawn to the KPA in respect to their music styles. Do you play mostly Cleans, Mild OD, High Gain/Distortion or somewhere in between? If in between, which is more important to you.

• Why you don't add a Poll to the thread? Click on Edit and the on the last tab under the text.

I'm a clean to mid gain blues and jazz player, though I do use some hi-gain (not chugga chugga) for some fusion stuff we make.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Why you don't add a Poll to the thread? Click on Edit and the on the last tab under the text.

I'm a clean to mid gain blues and jazz player, though I do use some hi-gain (not chugga chugga) for some fusion stuff we make.

I actually tried to set this up as a "Poll", but couldn't figure it out. I thought I had it, but when I clicked on Preview, the poll didn't show up in the copy box. I gave up.

• I'd like to see what type of players are drawn to the KPA in respect to their music styles. .

I think all types of guitarists playing all kinds of styles using all kinds of tones are drawn to the Kemper, or any modeller.
    Some modellers do some tones well and others not so well, but the Kemper does all the tones, from clean to crunchy, to high gain & metal.

One year all you need is clean Jazzy tones, the next year you're into crunchy Marshall tones, and then two years later you're in need of some high gain tones...then a few years later you get married and it's back to Jazzy clean tones...then a few years go by and you get divorced, then it's back to the high gain tones. :) ...that's why guitarists spend their lives buying and selling/trading amps & pedals.

The Kemper or Axe-FX, etc, etc, can do a variety of tones, whether you need them all immediately is up to you, but somewhere down the line you'll want a taste of all the tones...rather have them in reserve than not.

• Not sure, but I guess you're saying you have no favorites? ?(

What he's saying is he wants the entire variety of tones.

At the moment my favourite tones in the Kemper are, the Carvin Legacy/Dumble HRM for clean tones, the mild overdrive of the Matchless/Bad Cat/Reinhard, and the high gains of the Bogner XTC Blue, various Marshalls, some Mesas, Bogner Shiva.

But, a new Profile might come along and my favourites might change, that's the exciting part.

Same here.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I find myself using a profile based around a Fender Pro Reverb with a little bit of grit to it for leads, less-so for rhythm stuff. These days, I, personally, don't use super heavy stuff, as a lot of amp sims can emulate those tones. The Fender rig I'm using on the KPA actually sounds pretty close to a tube amp breaking up a bit; something other products can't really get accurately. How many "Marshall stack" rigs do I need? For me, I'm into the cleaner/crunchy stuff as to the heavy. Just my take!

• I use a variety of sounds and effects if I'm doing gigs that have lots of different styles involved. I get hired most often as a one-man-band now and I do everything from rock, country, jazz, blues etc. (Buffett, Allman Brothers, Johnny Winter, Miles Davis, Pat Metheny, ZZ Top, Willie Nelson, Skynyrd, Beatles, David Gray, U2, John Mayer etc.). On the other hand, the other night I played a jazz gig for the 1st time in a while and I used only a Fender clean sound with some reverb and never changed the patch the whole night.