Put IRs of the Kone profiles as presets

• n effect, the imprints give you the flexibility to create an "amp in the room" sound that is not full linked to the actual sound going back to the house (which, at least to me, is counterintuitive).

Since when was the goal to match FOH on stage? I've never understood that desire.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Since when was the goal to match FOH on stage? I've never understood that desire.

I agree...I think this classic reverse engineering the problem.

Guitar amps have never sounded the same on stage as FOH due to physics...but we never knew/acknowledged that. In fact there was a more direct link as we miked our cabs to get that sound out front.

Kemper, knowing this from the start, gave a solution that made a clear separation from monitor to FOH because you could run both separately.

People then felt they had lost the "amp in the room" sound, so Kemper gave us a solution to that. People then want to use that amp in the room sound FOH, totally missing the point as to why it was created and therefore why it won't work.

The answer is simple to me if it's that big an issue - run a Cab then and mike it up.

We are funny creatures...

• The sound of a speaker on stage (amp in the room) is very different from the sound of the miced speaker going through the PA. This has never been a problem for guitarists with tube amps.

Totally agree!

I think the bit people are missing is that we guitarists never really realized this/focused on it because there was no other option - you had to mike your cab, so its still a bit of a revelation for some that the FOH sound is different - and due to physics will probably remain that way.

Because Kemper solved the Cab miking challenge and gave us options, people are now forgetting what the issue was in the first place.

• I use the Kone and imprints to sound the closest as FOH sound, i mean i choose RIGs with a cab sim (started point) and choose the equal imprint to have something similar on stage.

It could be great to have something that brings us an automatic solution and i see two ways to get there.

To begin, the other modeling device that brings "amp in the room" i know is the couple : Helix + Powercab(+).

If you want to use FRFR, you can, as do a Kabinet.

If you want amp in the room, the cab section is included in the Powercab, it means, you have to disable all your cabs sims in the Helix chain. You can command the Powercab "imprint" in the Helix output block, you can change the "imprint" selection preset per preset.

If you want to have the "same" cabinet for the FOH, you just have to plug your XLR into the Powercab output. You have a mic simulation you can choose. So, you'll have an amp in the room on stage and the FOH wil have the same mic'd cab sim.

If you want to send another speaker model, you have to create a parallel chain, one with no cab send to the Powercab, one with the cab sim you want to the FOH (so the FOH is plugged into Helix instead Powercab). It can be tricky or simple....

I think it would be very complicated to work this way in Kemper ecosystem.

That would imply, you select an imprint, to monitor it would work as today, for main outputs, it would add a mic simulation you can choose, etc....

I assume that Kemper will never work with "IRs" mics simulations somewhere...

The other solution would be to automatically switch to the right imprint after selecting a rig (option). So the RIG could be an AC30 with a (mic'd) greenback, the Profiler "detects" it and purposes a greenback imprint.

IMO, it could be possible. It means we would have another item in rig exchange to fill that the profiler can read.

Then ; two problems ; it would have to be well filled X(:/:rolleyes:and there would stand a matter for the 20K rigs already on the exchange (i'm not the one who will fill this item for all of them8|:wacko:)...

How does it work today, if someone has an imprint and push his rig on the exchanger ? Do we recover the information, is our device will automatically switch to the selected imprint ? I haven't tried it yet....

• If you want closest to FOH - then put the Kone in full-range mode and you'll get the closest approximation. I would assume if a Kone selection has been made in a rig on the exchange, it would carry over like any other setting.

Here again - Since when did the FOH sound become the goal on stage? I really don't understand this desire.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche