Monitor Output Level

• Hi there,

Had a scan through the forums and couldn't find anything addressing this.

I'm attempting to send a 'Git Studio' signal from the monitor output on the back of the Kemper to an octave pedal and second amp modeller to create a bass sound. I'm wanting to control the monitor level using MIDI automation to effectively mute the bass when needed. However, the CC73 command has no effect on both 'Git + Processing' or 'Git Studio'. It works fine for the rest of the monitor output options.

The only work around I've got is to use the direct send and the FX loop but this takes up a stomp slot and can at times be a little laggy.

TL;DR

Am I missing something or does the monitor volume control simply have no effect on the 'Git + Processing' or 'Git Studio' monitor output options?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

• What if you placed the octave pedal in the Fx loop of Kemper using the Parallel path option, and use a morph on an expression pedal to set the parallel mix from 0 to 100% (to turn it off and on)?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for the suggestions guys. I already have the parallel path running a direct fuzz tone and the morph function running other elements in the chain. (filter sweeps, gain changes etc).

Basically I want to ABY it into the second amp modeller for more flexibility (using the MIDI automation on the Kemper to mute/unmute as needed as all my programme changes are already MIDI sequenced to the set). Currently running the FX loop using the direct out works ok but if the Monitor Output Level worked on "Git Studio" it would be easier to regulate the bass volume and free up a stomp slot.

I just wondered if I was missing something as it seems odd the monitor volume control works for the other settings but unfortunately not the ones I'd like to use.

Edit: I assume it has something to do with where the monitor volume pedal is placed in the chain.

• Yeah that would be ideal as I could change bass patches as well but unfortunately its a POD X3 bean with no MIDI capability. Fingers crossed I can grab a secondary Kemper one day to run it.