Southern Winds

• Today is my 4yr Anniversary learning guitar! I guess I better start getting good at it.

This tune pushed me beyond my comfort zone in several ways. I did all clean guitars. Strat on left and LP on right. An acoustic plugin in stereo using a friggin keyboard. Embarrassing after 4 yrs and I don't own an acoustic but it's on the list.

I did the solo freestyle and got a bit lost on it. Playing a clean solo and keeping sustain and vibrato is kind of tricky. I sound like a total noob. ;(

I'm doing like a 3/4 strum pattern over a 4/4 drum beat so my timing floats off in spots but I liked the off-beat of the strum pattern to the drums when it lined up right.

I'll go back on this to improve down the road.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Congrats on your 4 year anniversary, making excellent progress in that time too! The guitar tone is great, I like it and feel it's a big step forwards, less hiding behind FX. Solo is really good!

• Thanks a lot Per. You know you are one of my inspirations! I definitely need to practice more "clean" songs. All that is on my list for my new year.

• Sounds great BayouTexan, your progress has been brilliant over the past few tracks, you are definitely getting into a stride

• Thanks Franjoe30! Not as good as it should be but that's what happens when we leave our comfort zone. ;) No doubt I will improve on that tune quickly for my new year. More study of "clean" guitarist who make their guitars sing is what I need.

And you are another of my inspirations!

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• great progress & you're doing your tracks faster , your mix is really clean ,well done.

you should give a try to the kpa acoustic sim and tweak your own rig, more rewarding than the plugin

Thanks waraba ! Your clean tones are exceptional and I love to emulate that. I have used the Kemper sim a little bit but I can't get a convincing sound to be comfortable with. May just be my inexperience with acoustics in general, but something I am working on improving.

• Everything's improving all the way around, keep doing it.8)

Thanks MuddySludge! But the more I listen to the track then the more it's sounds like poop. Maybe because I know I can make it better. Learning guitar is kind of weird because I am always better today than I was yesterday, and I will be better than both days tomorrow. :)