Parallel amps

• This has been asked repeatedly over the years.

It requires two Profilers. The current hardware cannot run two profiles at the same time and I would not hold your breath for them to add such a feature.

Comparing the Profiler to a Boss product, or any modeler doesn’t work in this context. The technology used is wildly different.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This has been asked repeatedly over the years.

It requires two Profilers. The current hardware cannot run two profiles at the same time and I would not hold your breath for them to add such a feature.

Comparing the Profiler to a Boss product, or any modeler doesn’t work in this context. The technology used is wildly different.

Well, you can easily set up two amps, 2 microphones, a mixer and then profile the mix of those 2 amps ;)

• Well, you can easily set up two amps, 2 microphones, a mixer and then profile the mix of those 2 amps ;)

“Easily” he says. :)

By the time I have the gear, the amps and the skill….I’d have way more than one extra Profiler invested.

…and just one set of Profiles for one amp combo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMHO - if you can’t get the sound you want with one amp…..a second won’t make it any simpler.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Profiling two or three amps on the Kemper will not net the same results as having actual parallel setups. Because parallel amps will have differing responses over time. The temporal aspect can not be captured by the Kemper.

Having two amps is overkill most of the time. You are usually trying to add some dirt to a cleanish tone. Which the Kemper can do easily with stomps and the DRY/CLEAN mix.

There are cases like running two amps in stereo that cant be achieved with the Kemper. Maybe add a DRY balance setting in the future? Adding it to the stomps would also help a lot but be much more work.

• Profiling two or three amps on the Kemper will not net the same results as having actual parallel setups. Because parallel amps will have differing responses over time. The temporal aspect can not be captured by the Kemper.

Erm isn't that the same as saying that a profile doesn't cover the temporal aspect i.e. it's a snapshot.

Totally agree it's less necessary and parallel path also helps...