Thoughts after going through my amp FX loop

• Yeah, you're absolutely correct. You're also mixing power amp profile and power amp... which is silly. I'm not quite sure what the point of all this would be when the KPA on it's own is so damn good. I'm not saying the Mesa isn't good, of course, but it's its own different thing. I can't imagine using the KPA with anything other than a good frfr monitor. Let it do the job it was designed to do.

Well, I guess it depends on the amp. My Profiler sounds glorious through a peavey bandit's power section.
    The bandit is famous for its cleans, and i guess much of the tone shaping takes place in the preamp. By feeding the Kemper's signal into the power amp I get the best of the two worlds: great rig sounds, exceptionally strong and defined attack, wide freqs range, more than adequate SPL for most of my applications.

As a matter of fact, this combination sounds best with cab sims on, to confirm the peavey's "linearity" and transient response.
    Note that the bandit is not even considered a good acoustic amp. But, if you skip its pre... ;)

• I've also tried running my KPA through my Mesa mark 4 and it didn't sound that great. I've had my Atomic CLR as a ref monitor since day one and compared to the wedge, it wasn't even close. I'm more than sure that the tube's of the Mesa coloured my sound pretty hard, so I've totally reserved judgment. I know that you can get neutral tubes in a power amp which more than likely would be ideal. I'd love to try a power amp with the Kemper through a cab one day but for the time being the CLR sounds amazing.

• Well, we're just discussing about music-related issues... Here or elsewhere... for me it's the same! :D

OTOH, keeping things gathered by subjectis a good thing in order to help future members to find information IMO

:)