Default setting for each rig in a performace issues

• So let's say I switch to number 1 in my performance, which I thought I stored with all of my fx 'off'. Now let's say I turn on the chorus for a song. Then I switch to amp 2 for something, then want to go back to number 1. When I go back to number 1, the chorus is still on. But I don't want that. I want the fx to default to off any time I switch to amp 1.
    I thought i did this by turning off the fx in rig manager, then saving the performance, but it still does it. How do i ensure that any time i switch to a rig the fx are as I save the performance?

• It depends wheather you are connected to RM or not.

See Main Manual 8.5 page 285:

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.