Remote latency

• Hello. resurrecting the thread!

Just made my usual update on Kemper, checked again for the latency described above and it seems that the problem is gone. I tried it once and i will do it again tomorrow juat to be sure! I saw that the update improves overall performance. So maybe they managed to fix it!

All the best! I will keep updating on this matter!

Thank you

• Official Post

Please open a support ticket and send a video demonstrating what you really mean.

Recent updates have not touched this area and we are not receiving similar reports.

Clarify, how you experience latency, acoustically or just looking at the display?

Is Rig Manager connected or not? What of not?

Are you using the original Ethernet cable?

Have you tried another short one?

Please include answeres to these questions in your support ticket.

• Hello. The video is on page 1 of the thread.

I experience the latency acoustically.

Rig manager is either connected or not, it happens in both situations.

It is the original ethernet cable

I did not try a short one

• Official Post

I looked at that video and there is another issue: The first time you load Slot 2 the display reflects Slot 2 but soundwise Slot 3 seems to stick. I see low gain at the LED collar of the knob but hear high gain. I think, this whole Performance is obscure.

Since this is Performance 1, have you more than one Performance?

Could it be, that you never switch Performances but just stick to the first Performance that "survives" the restart of the PROFILER. Perhaps it's a data problem and never heals since you never reloaded that Performance from memory. Or it's currupted anyhow.

Have you tried another? Have you tried one of the pre-installed example Performances?

I suggest to perform a complete reset to factory default. You find that function in System Settings of current OS versions. Hold the button Factory Reset for a while and then follow onscreen instructions. You should create a PROFILER backup on USB flash drive upfront. What about the switching when you use the pre-installed Performances?

• Thank you for the quick reply.

I have only one performance, the first slot. Also, i deleted all the other performances because i thought it would solve the problem, but the problem remained. I never switch performances. I think i tried also storing in slot number 2 and got the same results, although it was with other profiles.

I did a full factory reset but that didn't change a thing. What i should mention is that, on one of the updates, from OS10, the lag was gone. Now, after the update to the latest OS, it has reapeared.

Thank you

• Official Post

Please load that Performance freshly after a restart. Otherwise you are stuck with always the same edit buffer, which gets never refreshed.

Please demonstrate the issue in factory default state. Perform the Factory Reset, restart, switch into Performance Mode, load another of our Performance examples e.g. Performance 4 and demonstrate that issue in a video. Please show in that video all steps from te restart.

• I have that same switching/similar issue with profiles not loading as well on two different Kemper Amps (Rack & Toaster) with two different original remote cables. It occurs frequently live but I wasn't able to zone in on what the problem actually is or when it happens excatly. It seems to happen randomly during the show. I can't really reproduce it since it only happens sometimes. I finish a song, switch to a different bank but the sound does not load. I'm still in the previous bank soundwise but on screen the switch happend. When I play a note and switch to a different slot and than back the sound loads just fine. It seems to me that after the Kemper gets an input signal the switching works again. It never happend while switching slots in a perfomance. Always when switching to a different bank. I did a few software updates but it happend on all of them. One thing I haven't tried if it's a problem with the auto load. Don't know what else it could be. So if you have any news on that I'd aprecciate it if you could share it here :)

• I have same problem. Gap between first and second performance slot after starting my kemper rack. I opened ticket.

• i opened a ticket a long time ago, they said that they didn't heard about this problem as in no one else mentioned it. And....like that was it. No resolve, no nothing. So now i have to remember before a gig to activate all the presets from the performance in order to eliminate the gap.

• i opened a ticket a long time ago, they said that they didn't heard about this problem as in no one else mentioned it. And....like that was it. No resolve, no nothing. So now i have to remember before a gig to activate all the presets from the performance in order to eliminate the gap.

Its unusual for support to just write off an issue like that, check your email ( spam folder) as they normally ask you to run a diagnostic...

It is definitely not normal.

• Agreed - Kemper just saying "Basically saying we've never heard of it.....sorry about your luck." is completely out of character.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche