Kemper for Country/Southern Rock cover band

• I'm looking for a unit to use for both Acoustic and Electric in our band. Easy setup with a single input going in and dual lines to the board (maybe panned to acoustic out xlr L and electric to xlr R). Anyone here doing this? Also looking for profile recomendations for this time a music. I would think a Good Fender and maybe a marshall for the rock stuff.

• The Kemper will work for what you have described. You will have most likely want one rig for for the acoustic/electric and another for the electric. If this is correct, you will want to change the rig on the Kemper when you change guitars. This will make the left/right scenario that you mentioned unneccessary. That is how I do it.

• Has anyone run one guitar into the input and then run the other guitar into a Send/Receive loop? So you would not have to change anything except the rig. Or literally turn the External Loop on/Off to switch between guitars...?

• Has anyone run one guitar into the input and then run the other guitar into a Send/Receive loop? So you would not have to change anything except the rig. Or literally turn the External Loop on/Off to switch between guitars...?

Sort of.

I have a couple of guitars with Piezo pickups. I sometimes run the two outputs from them into separate inputs. Magnetic pickups into front input and piezo into Loop return in Stomp A. This also allows both to be blended using parallel path.

• The Kemper will work for what you have described. You will have most likely want one rig for for the acoustic/electric and another for the electric. If this is correct, you will want to change the rig on the Kemper when you change guitars. This will make the left/right scenario that you mentioned unneccessary. That is how I do it.

Creat individual rigs for each guitar. Use the Panorama control to pan Left and Right. In one rig you could pan Electric Hard Left. In another you could Pan Acoustic hard right.

However, in reality I wouldn’t even bother. i would just set up rigs that balance each guitar’s needs within the Kemper and send a single mono output or stereo pair to the desk.

• Creat individual rigs for each guitar. Use the Panorama control to pan Left and Right. In one rig you could pan Electric Hard Left. In another you could Pan Acoustic hard right.

However, in reality I wouldn’t even bother. i would just set up rigs that balance each guitar’s needs within the Kemper and send a single mono output or stereo pair to the desk.

This !

I assume you gonna play those two guitars and stay at the same place on stage.

I have very little knowledge on this item but i've started looking at the mix table parameters cause we don't have a soundguy in our band and were/are usualy not satisfied about the sound during gigs (all the buttons were in the middle position :huh:8):rolleyes::/X/).

The little i've read/learnt about it, is, notably, how to set up every instrument following their range frequencies ; plus the pan part ; let the drum in the middle, light pan for each singer, a hard pan for guitarists (the bass, i don't remember if center or light pan but it isn't important, it's useless :P^^:D). But the Pan has to mirror the placement on stage so as not to disturb the audience.

For me, all this job is enterily dedicated to the mix table....

So i don't understand why you want to cross the sound and send it to the opposite side ?!

No criticism in my words, once more, it's new for me, just to know....

• So i don't understand why you want to cross the sound and send it to the opposite side ?!

No criticism in my words, once more, it's new for me, just to know....

when people want to send to left and right outputs in this scenario it is usually not about panning but rather to give the FOH to separate signals that can be EQd and treated with effects appropriate to each. That is a very valid approach particularly for bigger shows with a good FOH engineer. However, for smaller gigs with no dedicated FOh engineer or an engineer that is dealing with multiple bands I would stick with a single output to make the job easy for FOH and do all the “mixing” in the Kemper.

• Thanks for your answer Wheresthedug !

This is really an interesting feedback. :thumbup:

A need was express in other threads to have low/highcut per rig for this case (acoustic vs electric) in the output section but this way to proceed seems to be quicker/easier ! ;)

• I use (4) different guitars for our shows, (3) are electric and (1) is acoustic. I currently use an A/B switcher (1 input for electric, 1 for acoustic - it doesn't really affect anything except reminds me where I am) and then that goes into the main input of my Kemper Stage. I just unplug and switch electrics as needed, acoustic is always plugged in.

I use different performances for each song (lots of guitar parts and sounds) and I just set up a different performance for the acoustic. I use the Kemper B rig for the acoustic, fine tune with an EQ block and reverb. Sounds great, the Kemper handles acoustic really well.