Obtaining Amps as Presets

• Hello everyone,

I could not find to copy an amp from a rig as preset in rig manager

I can do it with any effect , i just and drag an effect in the rig and dropping it to the local presets in the rig manager and it is there. But I could not do it with amp and cabins. Do we have a chance to get amp or cabin of a rig as a preset and use it within in a rig?

Thanks

• Hello,

Maybe you're trying to save them in the wrong location?

Find the All Presets section in Rig Manager, then the Local Library that is beneath All Presets. (This is not Local Library that is beneath MyProfiler).

There you can save any presets you want, including Amp and Cab presets. Or you can make folders and sub-folders to organize them however you want. Once saved, you can load them into any rig you want.

• no, i use local library underneath All Presets. I can drag and drop there any effect in a rig but I can not for the amp and cabin. Is there any other method to save any preset of cabin or amp rather than drag and drop?

• No problem with drag drop here. I have a folder named amps beneath All Presets\Local Library shown here. I can load any rig then drag the amp to this folder to add new presets. Exactly the same for Cabinets and any effects. Then to use one of the amp presets, you load any rig, then double click the amp preset name to load it (or drag it from the window to the Amp button in the editor). This isn't specific to any particular version of Rig Manager. It has worked this way for a long time.

These would not be in the drop down set of amp presets if you right click the Amp button in the editor. That set would be the Amp presets currently under My Profiler, not LocalLibrary.

And yes, copy /paste works just as well as drag drop. I load any rig, right click the AMP button in the editor and click Copy. Then I can right click and Paste it into any folder under All Presets Local Library. I don't know if this worked in older versions of Rig Manager but it works fine in 3.3.38.

• Glad it's working for you now. I think the Copy may only be in the newest version of Rig Manager. I see you don't have the new morph controlin your screen shot so you must be using an earlier version. You should see it at some point when you update.

• And yes, copy /paste works just as well as drag drop. I load any rig, right click the AMP button in the editor and click Copy. Then I can right click and Paste it into any folder under All Presets Local Library. I don't know if this worked in older versions of Rig Manager but it works fine in 3.3.38.

Is it a RM beta version?