Expression Pedal Calibration/Switch Problems

• I'm trying to set up a new expression pedal to replace an old, faulty Mission EP1-KP. The problems I'm experiencing are:

1.) Pedal action is reversed (toe down is minimum value, heel down is maximum). Tried both Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 modes, recalibrated each time.

2.) Toe switch requires 2 button presses to activate. I have tried all three pedal modes, and set each option to produce the same result (turn a stomp on/off) and the result is always the same.

Can anyone help?

• ad 1. Regarding the pedal function, if this has worked before, two wires might be crossed. This is either a cross in the TRS cable you are using now or the pedal is wrongly wired. I think somewhere tip wire is soldered to ring and vice verse.

ad 2. The switch in the pedal is latching and not momentary as should. The PROFILER requires momentary switches.

• ad 1. Regarding the pedal function, if this has worked before, two wires might be crossed. This is either a cross in the TRS cable you are using now or the pedal is wrongly wired. I think somewhere tip wire is soldered to ring and vice verse.

ad 2. The switch in the pedal is latching and not momentary as should. The PROFILER requires momentary switches.

This turned out to be correct in both cases. I had to modify the pedal by swapping two of the wires, and install a momentary switch (raided from my Mission pedal) instead of the latching one. Thanks for the advice, Burkhard!