Your top 5 "dream" guitars

• As I'm thinking of buying a new guitar, I always have "that list" in the back of my mind of the guitars that I have always wanted to own. To be clear, these are less about actually wanting to play them, but because they meant a lot to me growing up i.e. what my heroes played or just guitars that are iconic to me.

I could list loads but tried to restrict it to the guitars that had a bit of a mythical status to me .

So mine is an unusual list (especially as a heavy rock player now) but wanted to see what other people liked and also if anyone owns them!

Anyway, these are mine:

1) Gibson ES 295 - Best known as being Scotty Moore's fav BUT I loved it because of Geordie from Killing Joke. He used to get a massive sound out of one of these

Gibson ES 295 1956 Gold Guitar For Sale Guitar Giraffe (vintageandrare.com)

2) Vox Mark Xii - One of my first fav bands were echo and the Bunnymen and Will Sargent played one of these on their biggest single Killing moon. I also bought a Black telecaster because of Will Sargent and one of the key players that got me started, even though I don't tend to play this style of music:

VOX (christies.com)

3) Aria Pro ii RS800 - 12 string. I saw one of these played by Wayne Hussey from The Mission and it took me some time to find out what it was (this was a few years ago - easy to look up now). It looked black to me and I think he tended to play as a 6 string later on. In his hands, looked cool as anything!

Pin on My Guitar File (pinterest.com)

4) Yamaha SG 2000 in green - Big Country were quite an influence on me and I looked their SG's. The second guitar I ever bought (I still have it) was an SG1500 and I love it. I bought it in a closing down sale for £125, which was a lot to me then but an absolute steal even back then.

Yamaha SG-2000s, Translucent... - Elite Vintage Guitars | Facebook

5) Musicman EVH in purple - Not a huge EVH fan but loved the look of this guitar. I have a Sterling AX40 and love it, but tried an EVH/Axis and immediately feel in love. Spent quite a few years in vain trying to find one but could never find one/time it with having the funds

f.JPG (1080×1743) (gilaguitars.com)

Close but no cigar........... Washburn N4 ( becuase I'm a huge Nuno fan), White Falcon (well I've got one so ruled it out), Jake E Lee white charvel (not massively unique/unusual), Black telecaster ( again got one but was used by 3 of my fav guitarists!), SRV/Rory Strat....

Please share yours :)

• I may be labelled a party-pooper here....and do not get me wrong, I *love* guitars. But I don't covet specific ones. *shrug* I guess I'm weird that way.

I don't currently have an ES-335, but would like one at some point. Nothing specific in terms of spec. It's one of those "I'll know it when I see it" things.

Right now, the new Yamaha Revstar Standard (specifically the RSS02T. P90s in black) has my attention. That's a LOT of guitar for 800 bucks.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I don't have very specific models in mind - which is good since the kids and house etc. take up most (almost all) of my free time :)

But I'd sure like a Gibson SG and a Fender Stratocaster. I have a telecaster already, and a PRS Custom 24, so that way (to my mind) I'd have most of the bases covered. The SG is just an all out rock machine, and I really dig a lot of the stoner rock and harder southern-inspired rock stuff, where the SG seems to be a staple.

Actually, I'd like to find an old Gibson Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute (from 2013 or thereabouts). I had one of those some years back and stupidly sold it. It was a crappy guitar in many ways (for instance, the fretboard width was off compared to the neck width by about half a millimetre on both sides), but I came up with so many riffs and songs on that thing despite that. I thought I'd get a big boy Les Paul (ended up with a used Standard) and sold my tribute, but it was just never the same.

Better quality, but the inspiration followed the crappy guitar out the door :-/.

I've found - looking back - that gear upgrades have generally NOT been good to me in this respect. Stay with the old crap!

1. Music Man Steve Morse Y2D Dark Lord
      Because I'd love to own a Music Man and I'm a huge fan of Steve Morse but I need a chunkier neck (which the Dark Lord has).
    2. Nik Huber Orca 59 Faded Sunburst
      This is THE dream guitar I would probably have to sell a kidney for.
    3. Gigliotti GT Custom
      The one and only Telecaster style guitar I'm interested in. Love its sound from Joe Bonamassa's Rockpalast gig back in the day.
    4. 1992 G&L Legacy Special Natural Swamp Ash with maple birdseye neck
      I already own one of these rare birds and I wish I had a second one. The best Strat style guitar I've ever owned.
    5. I think I'd be set with the 4 guitars above but I would certainly take another guitar amp like a Tube Thomsen Errorhead or a Larry British Purist. :D
  • I may be labelled a party-pooper here....and do not get me wrong, I *love* guitars. But I don't covet specific ones. *shrug* I guess I'm weird that way.

I don't currently have an ES-335, but would like one at some point. Nothing specific in terms of spec. It's one of those "I'll know it when I see it" things.

Right now, the new Yamaha Revstar Standard (specifically the RSS02T. P90s in black) has my attention. That's a LOT of guitar for 800 bucks.

Party pooper tee hee!!! I know what you mean to some degree. I don't care enough to actively pursue these guitars but if I won the lottery, they would be a luxury purchase that I probably wouldn't really play but would be a nice almost for sentimental reasons ( if that makes sense)..

I love Yamahas so good choice there!

• 1992 G&L Legacy Special Natural Swamp Ash with maple birdseye neck
    I already own one of these rare birds and I wish I had a second one. The best Strat style guitar I've ever owned.

I have a black G&L Legacy from the same time (as far as that can be determined in hindsight) - alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard

It's my #1 currently :)

1. Music Man Steve Morse Y2D Dark Lord
      Because I'd love to own a Music Man and I'm a huge fan of Steve Morse but I need a chunkier neck (which the Dark Lord has).
    2. Nik Huber Orca 59 Faded Sunburst
      This is THE dream guitar I would probably have to sell a kidney for.
    3. Gigliotti GT Custom
      The one and only Telecaster style guitar I'm interested in. Love its sound from Joe Bonamassa's Rockpalast gig back in the day.
    4. 1992 G&L Legacy Special Natural Swamp Ash with maple birdseye neck
    5. I think I'd be set with the 4 guitars above but I would certainly take another guitar amp like a Tube Thomsen Errorhead or a Larry British Purist. :D

Thanks dude! Looks good...

1) Ohh good one although personally I prefer the purple sunset.

2) Very nice but wow they are expensive

3) Ohh really like these. I would prefer a solid body instead of a Thinline type but the finishes.....wow!

4) Nice!!

• A dear friend of mine is a luthier and has built my 3 guitars. http://rockline-guitars.de/?page_id=86 Another one is currently in the making and its an absolute stunner. If money was not a limiting factor I'd have him built a ton more.

And apart from that there are a lot of custom guitar companies that I'd be currious to try out.

I like Kiesels, I dig the new english made series of Chapmans, Aristides guitars look fascinating to me.

I'm still hoping that I will one day own a really good Les Paul/ Single Cut.

So I not so much have list of specific guitars. It's more that I'd like to try out all sorts of guitars. At this moment even though I've been playing guitar for almost 17 years now, I couldn't even define my "dream guitar". It would probably be some kind of super strat. But I haven't tried enough different guitars yet to say for sure.

And I've not even begun exploring the world of accoustics.

• 1. My Jackson KillStrat because I made it just like I wanted.

2. Charvel Pro Mod. My first Charvel. 59 and JB set.

3. My second Charvel Pro Mod. SD Distortion set.

4. Jackson SLX Soloist. No easier way to shred than with a neck thru body plus it has massive sustain, and I got it dirt cheap.

5. My first guitar ever. Westone Spectrum DX. Bought it new many years ago and used for decoration since I never wanted to practice. :(

I am living my dream now!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• A dear friend of mine is a luthier and has built my 3 guitars. http://rockline-guitars.de/?page_id=86 Another one is currently in the making and its an absolute stunner. If money was not a limiting factor I'd have him built a ton more.

Very nice! For my 40th birthday I had a custom guitar made by Custom Series – Rob Williams Guitars

The experience was fantastic (choosing the actual woods, total custom spec etc.) and the resulting guitar was brilliant!!

• I am living my dream now!

Thats cheating, can't be guitars you already have :)

Love the burnt orange Charvel, REALLY nice. Orange is my fav colour and I need an orange guitar in my life!!!

Is the Jackson an Adrian Smith? I've bene looking at the green ones...

Also like how you clearly have a specific t shirt for each guitar!!!

Good work dude!

• Not Cheating since I don't have a dream for other guitars. I got what I wanted already. :)

The KillStrat "was" the Adrian Smith model. Next time I do a string change, I'm going to paint the headstock white and put my own logo on it. I love matching headstocks!

I have way too many graphic t-shirts. I collect them and rarely wear them. I thought they would make a good backdrop. Thanks!

• Not Cheating since I don't have a dream for other guitars. I got what I wanted already. :)

The KillStrat "was" the Adrian Smith model. Next time I do a string change, I'm going to paint the headstock white and put my own logo on it. I love matching headstocks!

I have way too many graphic t-shirts. I collect them and rarely wear them. I thought they would make a good backdrop. Thanks!

Ace.

You like the Adrian Smith?

• Ace.

You like the Adrian Smith?

Not "like". I love it! Same neck as on the Charvels with rolled fingerboard edges. It's like wearing an old shoe. I kept the two original single coils because they are noiseless. Changed the HB for a Duncan Custom and added a split toggle, and my favorite part "the killswitch" which drives my wife nuts.

• Not "like". I love it! Same neck as on the Charvels with rolled fingerboard edges. It's like wearing an old shoe. I kept the two original single coils because they are noiseless. Changed the HB for a Duncan Custom and added a split toggle.

Good to know as it's a potential on my hit list :)