Playing Fake Bass While Playing Guitar

• I know this has been covered before but looking for the most current info and possibly videos of your success/ issues with this set-up.

Looking to add bass notes to my guitar while playing through the Kemper into a full range speaker.

Trying to get something similar to a Boss octave pedal that limits the input range so you trigger a bass note while playing up to an E on the 7th fret of the A string but nothing higher.

Everyone seems to be leaning towards the transpose with formant shift and a parallel path to get a good simulation of a bass player playing along with you while you play guitar.

How do you get that bass signal path out of the signal chain that is going to a distorted amp?

Are there any videos that you can send me to that have this set-up?

Thank you!

• I use a Roland VG99 and a Godin TX-SA. They are in no way connected to each other, meaning the Guitar output is routed to the Kemper Stage input, the midi output to a Midi ABY switch and then out to the VG99 and a GR55. I use the 3 bass strings for bass and the top 4 for Organ on the GR55. All of that is sent in 3 stereo pairs to a X32 mixer to blend it all together.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Dude, MIDI Guitar 2 is AMAZING. Thank you for the referral.

Getting set-up in MainStage now, can't wait to dial in the plugins.

Is there any way to have this work in mono with low note priority? I know some synths work like this but it would be great to do it right from the plug-in so when I play bass parts along with guitar chords it's not fighting.

• Has anyone tried this in DAW by sending the DI track to something like a Helix plugin or GR5, etc for bass. It would be a nice trick for studio work. I might try it out.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This video is 8 yrs. old, his site sells these for $300

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I haven’t tried nut I believe its possible to write a little code routine to do that . There is a guy on YouTube who is the expert on it. I think he has video about it if not try messaging him.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I haven’t tried nut I believe its possible to write a little code routine to do that . There is a guy on YouTube who is the expert on it. I think he has video about it if not try messaging him.

External Content youtu.be

wow midi guitar plug-in has come along way since I was a beta tester many years ago of the original version. I liked the plug-in so much I sold my hex pick up and Roland unit. Over the years I quit trying to do synth through my guitar since my wife picked up the keyboard but I think I may go back and revisit this and see if there’s a way I can do the bass trick.